What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ipad 2 gyroscope responsiveness when gaming

MilkyJoe7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there - first post!

I wanted to describe a slight niggle and see if any of you have the same issue:

I find that when gaming using the gyroscope in landscape, e.g. Boost 2 or Real Racing 2 HD, that the gyroscope is more responsive (for steering left and right) when the ipad is held so that the HOME button is by my right hand.

I find that when the ipad is the other way up (home button on my left) that steering is noticably less sharp and responsive.

If you have either of these games, could you give it a go and report back? I'm thinking it might just be a design issue.

Cheers!

MJ

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmmm... Can't say I've noticed but you can try calibrating the steering through the Real Racing game itself. It's worth a try.

OP
M

MilkyJoe7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I have given that a go and it doesn't make any difference... it still steers fine, but the difference between the orientations is only really obvious when playing boost 2 and trying to steer left and right quickly.

Try one orientations and then the other and see if you notice anything.

OP
M

MilkyJoe7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one willing to play boost 2 for a few seconds in each orientation?

Most reactions

Latest posts