What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HMDi Cable

gmpyblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good morning All OK read all the reply posts on my last entry. So went out and purchased a HMDI cable, plugged it all together selected the appropriate input on the TV and low! I have a picture of the iPad screen. But!! its Magenta and a bit washed out, any way I tried BBC iplayer and it came up fine changed to ITV and it was Magenta. Any thoughts or comments would be much appreciated. george

tanveers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What is the model of the Display your trying to output to? If you have went through multiple attempts to troubleshoot the cable then it may not be the cable at all. I'm getting the feeling that it has to do with the display's output device. Have you reset your screen? Power off the Display device completely. If there is any type of reset or format button, start there. I've read other instances of TV screens not showing true color, but rather a distorted coloration of the image. Some people have reset there device and the issue was resolved. Sometimes the video signal's color gets off course and may need to be reset so the signal can realign itself back to its original hue. If you can discuss a little more detail about model numbers and methods of troubleshooting that you have already tried, then I might be able to help you out more.

Ben
Lead AV Tech

OP
G

gmpyblue

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ben Many thanks This what I have on the TV SONY BRAVIA 23" KDL23B4050 does this

This what I have on the TV SONY BRAVIA 23" KDL23B4050 does this help ?
de George

What is the model of the Display your trying to output to? If you have went through multiple attempts to troubleshoot the cable then it may not be the cable at all. I'm getting the feeling that it has to do with the display's output device. Have you reset your screen? Power off the Display device completely. If there is any type of reset or format button, start there. I've read other instances of TV screens not showing true color, but rather a distorted coloration of the image. Some people have reset there device and the issue was resolved. Sometimes the video signal's color gets off course and may need to be reset so the signal can realign itself back to its original hue. If you can discuss a little more detail about model numbers and methods of troubleshooting that you have already tried, then I might be able to help you out more.

Ben
Lead AV Tech

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Please do not post twice on your issue as it divides the information given and makes it confusing for members to follow. It is also against our Forum Rules, your other post has now been deleted.

I've also moved your thread to our Help Section where you will receive a better response.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have wifi in your home purchase a Apple TV as it offers a far better experience by mirroring what is on your iPad to the tv. Use the same HDMI cable between the Apple TV and your Sony.

Most reactions

Latest posts