What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad 64 Wifi 3G, Not chargeable with Wall charger or USB Cable is now frozen at Boot

Hariharan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

This is my 1st post in this forum , and iam sorry its asking for help and advice

I have a ipad 64 3g that was running fine for 2 weeks, it was jailbroken.I had ample time to play with it and load critical applications.It stated with a sync issue about 5 days back, i spend a night on it installing,deinstalling, cleaning registery entries of Itunes and the whole cycle with different Ipad/Iphone/Ipod cables.It did not sync and the battey was alos running low as i found that it was now not charging too.Therfore i spend another 2 days trying with all Iphone charger and changing USB cable with nothing helping. Finally i tried resetting it to factory default. After that for 3 days all its shown is a RED pulsating low battery with a ~ icon.

Today morning after yesterday nights pluggin it it into wall plug it showed a apple boot logo, after a few ( about 20 25 times reset+ home screen press ) it once showed th "USB Cable to Itunes SCREEN" i was happy that it will allow me to resore, but nothing happened when i plugged it to my Laptop Screen ( Dell 15mx Alienware ).

Since then i get only the "RED pulsating low battery with a ~ icon" as long as its connected to wall adapter , if i remove it from the charging wall adapter i get a "RED pulsating low battery with a ~ and adapter icon".

The ipad is struck with these both screens as mentioned above.
I have searched the net all across including many forums incl apple with nothing helping by.Iam kinda struck

Now i brough this Ipad from US and iam in India now, where the Ipad is not yet launched, therfore iam without support. I called up the apple helpline amd they redirected me to an "expert" who again asked me to get in touch with the local " service center "

I called up the local service center just to confirm that they can fix it,but they replied that they do not serive Ipad. So iam royally struck with ipad puzzle box.

Any help to solve this puzzle is appreciated.I have exhausted myself and at my wits end.

Thanks for your time to go across the lenghty post and intent to help

Iyer

Purpleorchid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Power it completely off. Then have iTunes open on your computer. Once the computer is ready, press and hold the Home button AS you plug in the dock connecter to the iPad. Keep the Home button pressed and iTunes should recognize the iPad and ask about restoring. You can now let go of the Home button and proceed with the restore prompts in iTunes.

OP
H

Hariharan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem is its just showing the "Red Low Battery Screen" I dont even get the logo or Itunes screen, hence when i connect it to my Laptop with USB, it does not get recognised.That's how it is since last 3 days , i have kept in on continious charging with no difference in outcome.

Any advice would be helpful Purpleorchid.

Forsaken

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi.
It's a hardware problem, I got the same issue with my iPad. It's needed to change hardware component, try to found service center which can help you.

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Are you in India just temporarily or is this a permanent change of residence. If you are returning to US, wait till you get back and get to a service center. Or call the Apple service center.

If you are permanently in India, try to get it mailed back to where you purchased or to the Apple Service Center that your local Apple store tells you where to send. Good luck.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Get a new USB cord

Sounds like yours is bad. I've had a couple go bad and would no longer charge the iPad. The only solution is to replace it. You cannot synch a dead iPad and the USB cord to the computer will not charge it.

Most reactions