What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hidy ho!

gpaisnd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My first Mac was a Mac Plus in 1988. 22 years later I will be using something I used to read about in sci fi.:)

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good to have you on the site. Have you owned a plethora of mac's in between?

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yay! another long time Mac fan.

Welcome to the forums ;)

I think if I looked hard enough, we would probably have one of those Macs in the back of our shop.

We are an authorized service center for Apple in Pa. and in the years passed, we have accumulated many types of Mac hardware. It all shuffles as it ages to the back, like most places that deals with large numbers of parts and we not only do Apple but PC's, Printers and all Laptop brands.

Ive often said we need to have a clearing house and sell sell sell on Ebay or something. That in itself is a full time job for some one, lol.

But oh man, how have the Macs changed over the years... its getting so Star Trek like now.

Can't wait till the day we have our very own iReplicate device or Holodeck to roam about. :eek:

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! It just goes to show, if you can dream it, it can be built!

OP
G

gpaisnd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the Mac Plus I've had a Powerbook 170, a G3 6400, an eMac, an iMac and bought my son a 2nd generation intel MacBook for college graduation.

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A dream is stronger than you believe...

Welcome to the site, and hope to see you around.:)

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the Mac Plus I've had a Powerbook 170, a G3 6400, an eMac, an iMac and bought my son a 2nd generation intel MacBook for college graduation.
Awesome, passing the Apple trend to the children is a good thing.

Something I've liked even more so is all the long time PC users migrating to Apple products. Every day there is some one new to the shop that walks in and asks "Do you guys sell Macs here?" and its always a "We Sure Do" and pretty much every time, they already know which model and have chosen what peripherals to go with it.

So I see more people that purchase Macs over PC's that have actually done their research and are more apt to understand what it is they are purchasing over the PC users in the past that call things what they aren't (My Hard drive needs re-uploaded to Windows registry since my dog chewed my mouse cord" all kinds of crazy things.

But the Apple clients all seem a bit more knowledgeable to say it in a good way.

Most reactions