What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi there!

OP
GKar

GKar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do we need to replace the screen protector from time to time, let's say, after some years, or if we install one it's there for good?

I installed sucessfully but when I saw it was the wrong screen that came in the package, this one had letters written all over it. It was too easy, then I tried the other one, with powerful glue, and the whole thing glued to itself and it was GAME OVER. A true EPIC FAIL moment.

If I find a screen protector for Ipad 2 will that work on 4? This one I wasted was for IPAD 2/3, but in the other store I found it, they said it was not designed for IPAD 4, it was a cheap US$ 10 screen protector that says IPAD 2 (that's why I bought the expensive). Maybe they are wrong?

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GKar said:
Do we need to replace the screen protector from time to time, let's say, after some years, or if we install one it's there for good?

I installed sucessfully but when I saw it was the wrong screen that came in the package, this one had letters written all over it. It was too easy, then I tried the other one, with powerful glue, and the whole thing glued to itself and it was GAME OVER. A true EPIC FAIL moment.

If I find a screen protector for Ipad 2 will that work on 4? This one I wasted was for IPAD 2/3, but in the other store I found it, they said it was not designed for IPAD 4, it was a cheap US$ 10 screen protector that says IPAD 2 (that's why I bought the expensive). Maybe they are wrong?

It's up to you what you want to do, I've had the same screen protector and have no plans to change it, if ever.

There are different types of screens, not just in how they adhere to the screen but clear, anti glare and one that will give you more privacy as the screen can't be seen from an angle.....I've even heard of 1 that is like a mirror when your screen is off.

I'm fairly certain that a screen for the 2 will also fit the 4. Hopefully someone else will chime in here who does know.

OP
GKar

GKar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Everything went well, the guy inserted the screen protector in my IPAD, he was really professional about it. It's based on the size of the screen, not if it's IPAD 2, 3 or 4.

From what I saw, no one should try doing this at home, it's not an easy thing to do.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GKar said:
Everything went well, the guy inserted the screen protector in my IPAD, he was really professional about it. It's based on the size of the screen, not if it's IPAD 2, 3 or 4.

From what I saw, no one should try doing this at home, it's not an easy thing to do.

Well that's great you have that protection now. I use a micro fibre cloth to clean it others use spectacle cleaning cloths. Don't ever use any type of cleaner as it may affect the coating on the screen.

I've done all my screens myself, no it's not easy but then I've had a lot of practice covering schoolbooks with contact. ;)

Enjoy!

OP
GKar

GKar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This micro fibre cloth is the one that comes with LCD monitors and even those same screen protectors?

If that's what you mean, I really agree they come in handy and are way better than any alternative to clean things, my anti reflex lenses from my glasses included. They can remove all dirty stains easily.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
GKar said:
This micro fibre cloth is the one that comes with LCD monitors and even those same screen protectors?

If that's what you mean, I really agree they come in handy and are way better than any alternative to clean things, my anti reflex lenses from my glasses included. They can remove all dirty stains easily.

I'm not sure but would think not.....they would be more like a lens cleaning cloth. The ones I've received with screens are more this type anyway. Micro fibre cloths are very soft. But if it works nicely and does the job, that's all that matters! ;)

Most reactions