What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi, I'm flibgit

flibgit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there. I'm flibgit. Well, I have another name, but let's just stick with "flibgit" until we're better acquainted. I live in northern Wisconsin with my husband, dogs, cats, and kids.

I'm a diehard apple fan, that is starting to slip away to the Windows world due to finances. However, I'm in the market for a tablet pc that I can use to revise novels and I think the ipad is the way to go. I'll be poking around the forums and reading up on it, but maybe you can tell me if what I want to do is feasible with an ipad. :)

I currently print out my manuscripts multiple times and scribble all over them during the revision process. What I'd like to do is use a stylus and a tablet/slate to mark up/annotate an electronic version instead of killing a billion trees with each novel I finish. While it would be nice to be able to have my annotations converted to text directly in my document, I'm okay with saving the annotated copy as a PDF and then going back to my computer and entering the changes in my document (the same way I enter the changes now). What's the best way to accomplish my objective?

I'll also be using the tablet as my primary ereader, some email, and web-browsing, but I'm pretty sure any tablet can do that. At least I would hope so

Thanks for your help, and I'm sure I'll have many more questions in the future.

Most reactions

Latest posts