What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi have problems with WIFI

Thresher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I have an Ipad 1st addition it has working fine except that at home the wifi won't work,I tried using the key from the modem but still won't work.Iphone works fine, here what gives?I go to sleep will check tomorrow.:(

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A simple suggestion, but it's worked a couple of times.

The iPad by default auto-capitalises what it considers to be the first letter of the first word of a new sentence. If you're typing in passwords - or similar - and they're all in lower case, you can find that you've unintentionally set the first letter of your password to upper-case.

Tim

OP
T

Thresher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim!

Thanks Tim I'll try that.I have connection issues at free wifi places also but most likely I did what was needed.Clean history,cache.cycle airplane mode which shuts off wifi,reboot.That seems to take care of those connection failures but why does it do that?Is there not enough room for the data so
you have to get rid of it?I have been using safari but I was told to use say, Yahoo so it won't keep searching when it has not browser base.Can you carlify that?Any help will be fine.

OP
T

Thresher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried with capital letters but remembered that the key is all numbers.Entered those ,it still won't work.any more help?

Last edited:
OP
T

Thresher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have Ipad 1st one wifi won't work tried using modem key...

Hi folks I posted a squawk about not getting the wifi moden to work for my Ipad it does for my Iphone.I use the same numbers for the modem what gives?Thanks:(

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure I understand your problem correctly. Of course n Airplane mode, you can not connect to anything.

Your home network will ask you (Once) for an access key.

Check the following:

Go to settings, wifi, and wait until the list refreshes itself.

Tick the one you wish to connect to, and if prompted enter the code (usually on a sticker at the top of your router)

If that's accepted then you are online and ready to go.

If not, post back with more details if you can :)

Reaction score
Also if you will, post your router brand and model. Perhaps troubleshooting the router is going to fix it. Yes I know the other devices work fine but sometimes the router is still the problem.
When I got my Incredible it would not connect to my home router even though several other devices worked fine and it was my Belkin router.

Support Our Troops!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from wherever I'm at right now via my Apple tablet

OP
T

Thresher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah,I tried to put in the key code it's all numbers it still wouldn't connect.
I will contact AT&T about what to do maybe apple as well.I did have earlier problems with free wifi locations,one in perticular,I found out I have to delete cache,history and other thing I forgot and cycle airplane mode which closes wifi,then rebooting all this is to I'm told rests wifi.

Most reactions