What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey guys. need persuaded. to get an Ipad

daviduk2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hi. im daviduk2000. (or david for short)
i live in scotland, north berwick.
now when this eventually is available to me which is way after you guys in US apparently. im very interested in getting one. but what is there that sets it apart. why should i spend so much of my money on one.

i currently have an ipod touch. and its my Most used device. i own (other than PC). im a massive gaming, music and entertainment fan. what unique properties does the ipad have. how heavy is it? is it small enough to be called portable.
what special features will it have? (as you may know im pretty much know nothing about it.)
and ur will you be getting one?

id love to hear peoples PERSONAL opinions. thanks guys. and hi :)

(P.S iDan Good site man.)

Last edited:

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hey david.:). Glad to see you over here too.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the idea of watching movies in your lap appeal to you, if reading electronic books appeals to you then that should be a couple of strong points.

PS, Welcome to the site :)

OP
D

daviduk2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
moveis in my lap does appeal to me :)
does anyone know if it has external speakers? or just earphone ports. cause without external speakers this would quite possible suck. an they would have to be good quality.

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey David, Glad to see you made it over here from http://www.Xbox360Chat.com! (ok, shameless plug for the site!)

The iPad will include built in speakers and considering the size I bet the speakers will be very good.

moveis in my lap does appeal to me :)
does anyone know if it has external speakers? or just earphone ports. cause without external speakers this would quite possible suck. an they would have to be good quality.

AbblePC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The built in speaker of the iPad is Mono, not stereo.

But my experience with the iPhone is that with a good pair of headphones, it's not totally a bad experience, in fact I like it much better than without.

You can also get your self a Bluetooth enabled headset that is stereo, Motorla as well as other companies have good models to choose from.

I have used the Motorola HT820 on my Macs, but haven't tried it on the iPhone yet.
The iPad will support the new Bluetooth standard 2.1 + EDR. :ipad-keyboard:

Most reactions