What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help With Linking Ipad to My Email

zellner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive had an iphone for about three years now and the email link screen ask for the same information. I enter my name, email address, password, then click next. the ipad says it cant reach the yahoo server then i just press next anyway even though it says i wont be able to send or receive emails. once in the mail account it says theres no password entered for the account so i go to setting then mail then re-enter the password. it proceeds to repeat the cant find server cycle. Ive had my ipad for about a month now and its always the same, its getting really annoying , can someone please help?

-I also have my iphone linked to the account so i know the account info is valid.

-Yes i have a connected wifi signal as safari and all my other apps work.

-Im on a 16Gb iPad Wifi with 4.2.1 Software, not jailbroken.

Thanks for future replies!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I moved your post to the Help section, as I thought it might get better attention there. Hope that was OK.

Tim
iPad Forum moderator

Reaction score
A simple guess, but when you setup the Yahoo account, what did you put as Name?

This is odd, but I have found that in certain cases the Name actually needs to be the full email address. So you would enter your email both into Name and address.

Hope that helps.

OP
Z

zellner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
A simple guess, but when you setup the Yahoo account, what did you put as Name?

This is odd, but I have found that in certain cases the Name actually needs to be the full email address. So you would enter your email both into Name and address.

Hope that helps.
I tried this method and still got the same results, thanks for the advice though. Anyone else?

Most reactions

Latest posts