What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help with ipad and 1 year old

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I have a 16 month old niece that loves playing with the ipad. She can navigate fairly well. But she frequently its the button and closes the program. That is fine for many programs because she can just open it up again. But on netflix she cannot start her shows on her own. Any suggestions about how to keep the button from engaging? Is there an app for that :)

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really is none of my business that you give your iPad to your baby niece, but since you brought it up I think the appropriate app in this situation is constant adult supervision.

OP
arshield

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
Thanks for the help. My issue is not that she isn't being supervised, but that when she is holding the ipad she accidentally hits the button.

figmo10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trouble with Internet forums is that once you ask a question, everybody else gets to define the issues.

RobotRock

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Use your initiative, tape a coin over the home button or something when she is using it.

J_hutt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a leather case that has a cutout for the home button. If I put the ipad in upside down, the button is covered by the strip that would normally be at the top.

Would stop a 1yr old from pressing the button, and provide some buffer against a low drop too....

Holly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like that solution better than the coin. Tots and coins do not mix well and sometimes end up in lungs. A thick long cardboard strip with the ends taped to the back might work too.

OP
arshield

arshield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mrshields.com
I agree the case solution seems better. Any suggestion of a cheap case where I can move the ipad in an out fairly easily? Bonus points if it has a strap like the zoogue that I can put it on a car seat!

I am the nanny for the 1 year old and her getting close to 3 year old sister. We don't spend a ton of time in the car on long trips, but it happens occasionally.

Most reactions

Latest posts