What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

94-Year-Old Gran Says the iPad Has Changed Her Life

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
94_granny.JPG

The Daily Mail has a lovely story today about 94-year-old gran, Elsie Corner from Manchester, England, who is a massive iPad fan, and who credits the iPad with greatly improving her quality of life. Mrs Corner loves to play Words With Friends on her iPad, sometimes having 16 games on the go at one time. She also uses her iPad to track planes flying over her home with Flight Tracker, as she is near Manchester Airport.

“It’s been a wonderful way to keep in touch with my family,†Elsie told The Mail. “I use it nearly all the hours of daylight, 2-3 hours in the morning, then again in the afternoon.â€

Elsie’s daughter, Jean Holt, said that her mum did previously own a laptop, but was unable to see the cursor and struggled with using the mouse as well. It was Jean who bought her mum the iPad after seeing one in America.

“She says it is the best thing she has ever owned,†Mrs Holt told The Mail. “It keeps her in touch with her family and she says it keeps her brain active.â€

Source: The world's oldest iFan? 94 year old Elsie Corner claims the iPad has changed her life (and turned her into a Words With Friends addict) | Mail Online

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I love, love, love this story about Elsie!! :)

Thanks, Maura for this wonderful story!! How touching this is...puts a smile on my face!! :)

Last edited:

Grimmace60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 95 year old relative who has one and regularly Skypes with family. Amazing, when you consider people were still living largely by gaslight and riding horse and cart when she was born.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have a 95 year old relative who has one and regularly Skypes with family. Amazing, when you consider people were still living largely by gaslight and riding horse and cart when she was born.

I just love these kind of stories and knowing that they have lived through a lot of changes during their lifetime. You often wonder if that is part of the reason for their longevity, being able to embrace change like this!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is such a fantastic story, but 16 games on the go at one time......Elsie is a serious gamer who would put most of us to shame! Go Elsie!!!

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is such a fantastic story, but 16 games on the go at one time......Elsie is a serious gamer who would put most of us to shame! Go Elsie!!!

The Archangel

She sure would put us to shame...that's incredible to do 16 games at once! Love it and love the picture!

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
I love, love, love this story about Elsie!! :)

Thanks, Maura for this wonderful story!! How touching this is...puts a smile on my face!! :)

Me too, it is such a lovely story! So glad I found it!

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

The Archangel

Yes definitely puts me to shame! I've got two games on the go and that's enough to deal with!

tomcrown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is the main difference between Android and iOS.

iOS is simple to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
M

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
It also gives me hope for my old age, thank you for posting this Maura!

The Archangel

Yes it does me too! You're welcome, glad you enjoyed it!

Most reactions

Latest posts