What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Baby proof Ipad

danrand

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi My 13 month yr old baby loves the Ipad. I have a few "baby" programs in a separate window for her. The problem is that now she gets bored after a awhile with her stuff and navigates to the windows with my stuff and randomly starts one program etc. Is there a way to lock one window into place preventing scrolling to other windows? That will prevent her from leaving her window and accidentally changing/deleting programs. Thanks in advance

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A number of folks have asked this and unfortunately, there's no real way to do this on the iPad. You can stop your child deleting or installing apps, making in-app purchases, deleting email accounts, using YouTube and using Safari but that's about all. These can be found in the 'Settings' app in the 'General' section.

But there's no way to stop them navigating to a particular screen, folder or app. Some specific third party apps have instigated their own security measures but, in general, this facility does not exist.

Some people have 'hidden' programs that they don't want their children to access on a screen that's many blank screens away from the Home screen and hope that their child gets bored flicking through blank screens before they reach the important stuff but it's not really a secure solution.

Maybe other members will have more credible solutions.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts