What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Imazing

mkeos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I previously had a trial version of Imazing installed which I used once to transfer files from my pc running Windows 7 to my new Iphone Xr.

I decided to buy and install the full version last week. However, ever since I've been tearing my hair out trying to get it to work. I connected my Iphone via USB as instructed and all I get is a screen instruction on the screen saying "Connect an Apple device", when it quite obviously is. It seems unable to recognise my Iphone.

The Imazing help desk seem to be baffled by this and after many emails instructing various options to delete and reinstall apple components and to reinstall Imazing I'm no further on.

Please, has anybody had similar experiences and can suggest a solution, as Imazing staff seem unable to do.

Aerofly

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I had a very similar, if not identical, problem with my iPhone XR using iMazing. The only difference being I’m using Windows 10.

What solved it for me was using a different usb/lightning cable. It seems that either iMazing or Windows is very ‘picky’ about the cable used.

thirdsun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
try different USB cable as Aerofly has suggested on a different USB port. Different ports have different power ratings on a laptop. Look for the SS marked port which has more power. If it is the desktop computer plug the cable directly to the USB ports in the I/O of the motherboard at the back of the tower and not the case front connectors.

Check that iTunes works and detects the iPad before trying iMazing.

I found iMazing a bit meh... I used Diskaid which was free to use for life, but they renamed in iMazing and now have it on subscription.

Most reactions

Latest posts