What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with a restore question

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So my iPad is just generally slow since iOS 5. Safari crashes a lot and has a lot of bugs. Most of my apps crash from time to time. It's just not a great as it was. I was thinking of just starting over with a restore. I back everything up in itunes. If I were to wipe the device clean and start over and put all of my apps back will I still have what is within the apps? For example, Goodreader has a ton of files on it. Will they all go back? Would this solve my problem? Thanks!

jnet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is a really good question but unfortunately I can't help you!

I want to know the same thing, having just done a search of the forums about the amount of bugs I'm getting with Safari and coming across your thread!

Would love to know what the answer is.... If anyone has one?

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
after performing a restore, it will ask if you want to restore from a backup or setup as new device.

first restore from backup and it will load all the apps and data back onto the iPad.

After doing that if you still have trouble, perform another restore but set it up as a new device and see if the issues go away.

hunterjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for posts. I will as well download firefox browser.

I am still looking to restore, BUT does anybody know if the Battery (z bolt) not charging issue, might cause the problem of ( error 28) and not able to restore be an issue?

I have tried everything else. It acts like a restore can occur and then BAM, no restore will finish.

I thought maybe now it is about a hardware problem, that since it can not fully/or 25% + recharge, that it is not able then to restore?
Does this make sense to anybody?

Hope i can as well get some help from people here that know something about these GEN1 Pads.

Best regards to you all !!
Nwebee on board

hunterjoe

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ooooooo ya,
Sorry to jump your thread VitaW. Seems like there are some people looking into yours that answer back and maybe I can get somebody to help with my issue as well. Fire fox idea is great as well.

Best to you all !

Most reactions

Latest posts