What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I hope this helps some having issues

VitaW

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been having little weird problems with my iPad 1 for awhile now. Just things like apps crashing and a few other things. It was very glitchy. I would type and it would remain blank until the words finally showed up. I hit the back button and it would go to a completely different place than I was previously. I did all the usual things to resolve the issues. I held down both buttons until the Apple logo showed up, I cleared out apps to make space, I always closed running apps. The problem persisted.

Finally I made a decision. I backed up the apps I really carred about not losing info on like Goodreader. I went into the general area of settings and hit the reset button and then clear all data and settings. This was basically a factory reset. It put my iPad back to its original form. I was a bit nervous at this point hoping I hadn't lost everything. I plugged it into iTunes and hit reset and loaded all my apps back on. It worked!

I know not everyone has success with this but I have to say, it worked for me. Now it is still understandably slow. That is to be expected. But nothing crashes. Yay! All the glitches are gone. Yay! I know that as the apps get more advanced for the faster iPads things might get slower or not work at all on this one but that's ok. I have plans of getting a new one. I am just so happy to have a working and less frustrating iPad again.

If you are having problems and nothing else has fixed it don't be afraid to try this. It's not as bad as you think.

Vita

Most reactions