What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! Stuck in Scrolling Circles!

eiffelv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just installed DisplayOut and needs to respring. I have done that then I install Resupported 4.0+. It says to respring (again). Okay so I respring. Now i'm stuck in the scrolling circle. I tried to hard reset (pressing power+home few seconds). It shows the Boot logo (Apple) and now it shows the scrolling circle again. Maybe somebody else have the same problem (MAYBE). I tried booting to tethered mode in redsn0w but says iPad2 not supported. I got panicked because this is not my own iPad 2. It's my Grandpa's iPad. By the way, I have iPad 2 jailbroken with JailbreakMe 3.0. If I'm not mistaking, the iPad 2 is not upgraded yet. Maybe 4.3.3. Please Help.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As you are jail broken Ive moved this thread into the Hacking forums where, hopefully, you will get the help that you need. Good luck!

The Archangel

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hopefully, you have installed Mobile Substrate (and thus, Mobile Substrate Safe Mode). With that said, try this:

You want to get that iPad into Safe Mode. To do, start the process to reset your iPad by holding both the Sleep and Home buttons until you see the white Apple logo. You may (or may not) see the "slide to lock" bar appear; ignore it and keep holding the buttons until that logo appears.

Once the logo appears, press and HOLD the volume UP button until your springboard appears. You won't get the normal Spring Mode notification, but the Springboard should appear (and it may look different - but that's ok).

Now that you are in Safe Mode, go to Cydia and remove Resupported 4.0. Once you've uninstalled Resupported, you will respring the device. Hopefully, it'll respring and you will have your iPad2 running properly, as before.

BTW, For some reason, a lot of iPads hate that tweak; I'd recommend never trying it again.

Anyway, I hope this helps. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
E

eiffelv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oooohhhh, Wow! Thanks! I don't know what to say. But What I'm going to say is Thank You. I'll try this when I get a hold on my Grandpa's iPad.
I also don't know if lots of people hates that tweak. Well now I learned my lesson, Thanks again!
Wait a minute, Is Mobile Substrate usually installs it self when jailbreaking? Cause' I have an iPod Touch 2G Jailbroken with Greenpois0n on iOS 4.2.1. And I don't know if Mobile Substrate is installed in my iPod Touch. That's why I always got in Safe Mode on my iPod Touch 2G when I play some games.

Last edited:
OP
E

eiffelv

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually, the iPad is still accessible with iTunes even though it's stuck on scrolling circles. Can I just use iFunBox to delete the package manually (Do you know the folder of Resupported 4.0+ package?)?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did the Safe Mode not work? The best way to remove a package from Cydia is to go to Cydia and remove it. It's a better process and ensures the tweak gets properly removed (leaving nothing behind that might cause issues, later).

And no, I don't know where that tweak resides on the iPad. I don't use it. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts