What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help restore ipad App data & Update to iOS 4.3.3

iPadawano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

1. I made the n00b mistake of trying to update my jailbreaked iPad (gen 1) to iOs 4.3.3 before backing up my data. Now after a partially successfully restore, I am hoping to recover some text I entered in iOS's 'Notes' software either from any obscure location on my computer or iPad memeory. Any advice pls?

2. I am attemping to update my iOS from 4.2.1 to 4.3.3. I first encountered Error 3194 which i solved by leaving on the 'Start TSS server' in TinyUmbrella. Subsequently, i get error 1604 which i used iREB to prep the iPad for it. However, after a so called 'successful' restore, my iPad remains in a black screen. TinyUmbrella's 'Exit recovery' is greyed out, and 'Fix recovery' does not help. neither did the fixrecovery4.3 help.
Please advice too.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry dude. They are gone. When you upgrade or restore iTunes asks you if you want to back up. That should have made it obvious. :)

But, I think they are gone. With no backup and a restored iPad, say goodbye. Do wat poser said and get a gmail account. You can sync notes.

As for the black screen, you shouldn't need ireb if you are not using a custom firmware. So, don't use ireb. I don't think that would cause a black screen.

OP
I

iPadawano

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all thanks for reply. I will try your suggestions for the notes.

However, for the black screen, I get Error 1600 if I do not use a iREB and cannot successfully install iOS 4.3.3 help!

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you try the instructions provided in this how-to: http://www.ipadforums.net/jailbreak...-your-ipad-using-tinyumbrella-shsh-blobs.html

Follow them exactly and you should be okay. I am assuming you've saved your SHSH blobs for iOS 4.3.3. And, make sure you use Tiny Umrella version 5.00.09.

Can't help you on the Notes - though they may still be there after you've restored from backup...

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

OP
I

iPadawano

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Most reactions

Latest posts