What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IOS 4.3 to 4.3.3?

tophzilla21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a WIFI iPad 2 currently on IOS 4.3 (unjailbroken)and am trying to go to IOS 4.3.3 so I can use the jailbreakme.com jailbreak. I downloaded the 4.3.3 restore but iTunes gives me an error 3194 when i do the shift+restore custom restore. How can I restore to the 4.3.3? This is my first time posting on here so sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.... :confused:

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've moved this to the Hacking section, where I think you'll receive better attention.

Tim

OP
T

tophzilla21

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks Tim!

Also, I already have TU installed and tried to save my SHSH but when i hit the save button, nothing saved?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have a look at the other threads this morning. I'm not a JB guy but, from what I gather, if you don't already have your blobs saved you simply cannot do this. The only upgrade path for you is to 4.3.5, which is currently not jail breakable.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm afraid you can't install 4.3.3. Blobs must be saved when Apple is providing them for a version. They stopped providing 4.3.3 some time ago. Nothing you can do, sorry.

rajaspidey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
I'm afraid you can't install 4.3.3. Blobs must be saved when Apple is providing them for a version. They stopped providing 4.3.3 some time ago. Nothing you can do, sorry.

Yea i too missed blobs for 4.3.3 apple is now providing blobs for 4.3.4 & 4.3.5 so hurry up & save it now, dont miss this :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can save your blobs for any version that Apple is currently signing (which is 4.3.5 now ... maybe 4.3.4, but I think that window is almost closed).

You do NOT have to be on the version for which you want to save blobs. REPEAT: You can save any blob that Apple is signing - but you don't have to have that version installed on your iPad!

Just download/run Tiny Umbrella and start saving blobs. It's good practice.

And, to end this on a downer: I really wouldn't expect a jailbreak to come out for 4.3.5 (or 4.3.4, for that matter) for the iPad2. They were incremental changes to stop the security leak that enabled the jail break for 4.3.3. IMNSHO, I think the jail break community is more focused on the upcoming iOS 5.

However, it's still a good practice to save any blobs you can anyway, even if you don't jail break (as in, don't burn a bridge...). 'Cause you never know...

Marilyn

rajaspidey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
You can save your blobs for any version that Apple is currently signing (which is 4.3.5 now ... maybe 4.3.4, but I think that window is almost closed).

Yea apple is currently signing 4.3.4 & 4.3.5 :) yesterday only i saved them with tinyumberla !!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts