What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! Quickly though, I am dumb, following a stroke, and need this Ipad to "talk" to

1Dionysos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All of a sudden, my Ipad didn't work at all As soon as I( try to switch it on, I get the iPad, very large, and nothing else except Wi Fi networks, choose a network. Followed by CYTA153654 or Other....

So I clicked CYTA153654 - CYTA is my provider on the e mail, and it said "Password" - I have lost my password, and that is the only thing that I have!

I need it to communicate, as I am dumb, and am flying to England on Wednesday, so need it very quickly!

It works for about 3 months, so why not now?

Last edited:

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You may have zoom enabled. If so you need to double tap the screen with 3 fingers to turn it off. If this works, go to settings and turn zoom off so this won' happen accidentally again. The zoom setting is in accessibility. Good luck an welcome to the forum.

OP

1Dionysos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, all I have now is the large words iPad and a slider at the bottom, so not the original setings, then I get Wi-Fi Networks, So I clicked CYTA153654 - CYTA is my provider on the e mail, and it said "Password" - I have lost my password, and that is the only thing that I have! I cannot get the original screen at all, and I have double clicked the creen with thre fingers, several times!

Have tried it again, and got the screen to not zoom, but still get Wi Fi network ONLY!

Last edited:
OP

1Dionysos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No, all I have now is the large words iPad and a slider at the bottom, so not the original setings, then I get Wi-Fi Networks, So I clicked CYTA153654 - CYTA is my provider on the e mail, and it said
"Password" - I have lost my password, and that is the only thing that I
have! I cannot get the original screen at all, and I have double clicked the creen with thre fingers, several times!

Have now got the zoom off, but that's all I get.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi 1Dionysos - not really sure why your iPad is behaving as described, but when 'weird' behavior occurs or when apps freeze up, I usually start simple - :)

If not already done, try to 'Restart' and if not successful 'Reset' your iPad; if needed, directions are HERE - please let us know if these maneuvers solve your problem - if not, then hopefully others will 'chime in' w/ suggestions. Good luck!

OP

1Dionysos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried to restart, and even reset, via my itunes and the ipad linked to my pc. Still no joy. At the moment, if friends or relatives come, I am relying on a pencil and paper to talk to them! I haven't had a voice since ten years ago.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you tried closing the settings by doing a 4 finger swipe up to show apps at the bottom of the screen. Then holding one until they all jiggle and show a minus. Now tap the minus to completely close each app. I hope this will get you back to the home screen. If you don't need Internet you shouldn't need to sign in to it to use the iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts