What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help, need to undo 'Delete iPad'

Bexeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, hope someone can help with this one.

Lost the iPad earlier today whilst out the house. Someone advised me to use my phone to 'delete iPad' which I did. As the pad was away from any wireless network it could not be contacted from the cloud.

Subsequently the pad was found and returned so no need to delete. I turned the wifi off before returning home so it has not yet received the delete command.

Is there any way of cancelling the delete before its transmitted to the pad?

If not what information will I lose from the pad? I have work notes on it plus a lot of apps etc.

Will all the info on the be retrievable or only some?

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
After making sure your home WiFi is turned off as well as any other WiFi networks in range that your iPad normally connects to, remove the SIM card if it's a WiFi plus cellular iPad with an active data plan. Next, connect it to your computer and back it up. After backing up the iPad, turn on the home WiFi and let find my iPhone erase your iPad. After its erased, connect it to iTunes and restore it with the backup you just created. This should enable you to save the data on your iPad.

BTW, if you have any health data on your iPad, make sure to do an encrypted backup to preserve the health data.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) First, do you have a recent backup of your iPad to iCloud and/or to iTunes on your computer? If not and if you use iTunes, then a backup should be performed; of course, backing up to iCloud requires activating Wi-Fi.

Second, take a look at this two page discussion in the Apple Support Communities - a number of iPad users have been in the same situation and seemed to have found a solution - good luck and let us know your results. Dave

P.S. Oops, seems like Scifan.. was typing faster than me!

Last edited:
OP
B

Bexeb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you both for the swift response. Backed up per scifan57 advice and followed the advice from caribou on the link to Apple Support Community provided above by giradman.

As per caribou experience, the wipe did not occur when finally reconnected to home wireless. Phew!

Awsome guys, thanks again. Saved my bacon!

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome. I'm glad we could help. Don't forget to come back if you have any more questions or problems.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thank you both for the swift response. Backed up per scifan57 advice and followed the advice from caribou on the link to Apple Support Community provided above by giradman.

As per caribou experience, the wipe did not occur when finally reconnected to home wireless. Phew!

Congrats and glad that you did not have to go through a 'restore' - your experience and that of those in the link provided should help others who find themselves in the same quandary - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts