What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!!! Plizz my ipad stolen

Binkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hie guys, my ipad has been recently stolen..and i received am email from apple that the culprit changed name and security questions...but when i go to my account i cannot see any name change....how can i see the name change so that i trace this burger..

Thanx in advance

panchucko

iPF Noob
Reaction score
can you go to the iCloud and us the find my iphone app? I used it to find my iPad when I left it at a hotel.
The iPad should still be tied to your account, if you ever created one.

OP
B

Binkie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i tried to go to icluoud but the it says its offline...so i thought i could find an alternative route...how do u think the thief manged to change my name in my account if he ddnt know my password....

Midranger4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Binkie said:
i tried to go to icluoud but the it says its offline...so i thought i could find an alternative route...how do u think the thief manged to change my name in my account if he ddnt know my password....

Thief reset to factory settings but keep trying find my iPad. When the thief turns it on you will get a location as I believe it's tied to the serial number of the device.

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you called Apple to report it stolen? They might be able to flag the serial number and let the police know if someone registers it under a new account.

The find iPad, iPhone won't work if the feature is not enabled and it certainly doesn't work if the serial number has been registered to a new account. I tried it after I sold my first gen iPad to make sure it wasn't still associated with me.

Most reactions