What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Stolen iPad

PhantomTempest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...good day people, my friends ipad has been stolen, how or is it even possible to trace it and recover it? What to do and how to do it !? Plzz help anyone.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
...good day people, my friends ipad has been stolen, how or is it even possible to trace it and recover it? What to do and how to do it !? Plzz help anyone.
Does your friend have the Find My iPhone app installed on his iPad and is it turned on? If the answer to both questions is yes, he can go to his iCloud account and log into find my iPhone and if the stolen iPad is turned on and connected to the internet the app will display it's last known position on a map. This info will be of use when the police are contacted. Find my iPhone also offers the ability to remotely erase the iPad and to display a message on the home screen.

Here's the Apple page for find my iPhone. http://www.apple.com/ca/icloud/find-my-iphone.html

BTW, I've moved your post to the iPad Help Forum, where it will receive more attention.

Last edited:
OP
P

PhantomTempest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does your friend have the Find My iPhone app installed on his iPhone and is it turned on? If the answer to both questions is yes, he can go to his iCloud account and log into find my iPhone and if the stolen iPad is turned on and connected to the internet the app will display it's last known position on a map. This info will be of use when the police are contacted. Find my iPhone also offers the ability to remotely erase the iPad and to display a message on the home screen.

Here's the Apple page for find my iPhone. http://www.apple.com/ca/icloud/find-my-iphone.html

BTW, I've moved your post to the iPad Help Forum, where it will receive more attention.

...thank you very much for this incisive info! I'll confirm these things right away

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just to let you know if your friend does not have find my iPhone than the only thing your friend can do is contact the police and report it stolen.

OP
P

PhantomTempest

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...well, he did hv the app, buh says it was off as @ d time of theft! Sadly!!!

Most reactions

Latest posts