What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help my ipad die a horrible death...

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok so i was watching videos on you tube and all of a sudden my ipad froze i tried taping the screen and every thing, nothing worked. So finally at the end i gave up and push the sleep/wake button and the home button together, held them down for 15 sec and my ipad restarted in "Recovery Mode" i did NOT recently update, this just happened out of the blue. I don't want to restore my ipad and loose some very impoetant documents!!! Is there any other way of making my ipad work like normal again?? What caused it to go into recovery mode out of the blue? (not my brother lol) The last major things i did to it were cydia tweaks and app installs

OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've been reading a lot on other forums and in most if not all situations the iPad has been recently updated, then it usually lapses into recovery mode. Does recovery mode happen because of a faulty updating?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Was the iPad plugged in at the time? If so you probably held the buttons too long, which puts it into recovery mode..

However, no matter how it got there you should be able to kick it out. Download TinyUmbrella, connect your iPad, close iTunes, select your iPad in the list on the left hand side of TU, and on the top right of the screen you will see a button that says "Exit Recovery". Press this, and your iPad should reboot and you will be good to go...

You can download TU from here - http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

Last edited:
OP
M325i

M325i

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OMG thank you soo much for telling me I owe you one!!! But I panicked :eek: because this had never happen to me before and I thought I had broken my babe LOL so I did exactly what it told me to do and resort it OMG I feel like stabbing myself in the eye right now:( I had so many important things on it, and the cherry onto here is that I didn't even sync my iPad with iTunes lol :( But I guess I can look at this as a learning experience. Thanks for your help though for real! Now I know what to do if this happens again (hope it never does) And yes my iPad was plugged in and yes I did hold the buttons down for too long:( :eek: Damn it I got owned lol thanks though now I know why it went into recovery mode at least. I thought it had like a virus or something.

iRuthlessPad

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I dont think ipad ever dies..i mean unless u brick it!

But i've heard bricked can also be recovered

Most reactions

Latest posts