What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer won't detect my ipad

ratatop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's the problem; I was playing a game on the iPad (don't remember the game) and suddenly it froze and I tried to return to the home screen but couldn't so I left the iPad for a while and then it restarted by itself and then no app works

So I tried to restore it with iTunes but I realized that the pc isn't recognizing the iPad and I tried the following:

1-put the iPad in DFU mode
2-put the iPad in recovery mode
3-erase all content and settings in the settings app "it freezes on the spinning wheel screen"

Done all that and still the pc won't recognize my iPad I tried on other computers and still nothing
Note that I have the latest version of iTunes and tried to reinstall it but no different result

Please help me my iPad is useless now and I really need your help

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have tried on multiple computers as you say and they all refuse to see the iPad in any mode then this indicates you have a hardware fault, most likely the dock connector has bent / damaged pins. There is nothing that can be done to fix this other than returning to Apple for physical repair. Sorry.

Software or jailbreaking cannot prevent the iPad from being recognised by iTunes, especially in DFU mode.

OP
ratatop

ratatop

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But when I put it into a charger it charges without any problem

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There are 30 pins on the dock connector. Only a few are used for charging.... It's quite likely one of the data pins which is bent...

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you using the USB that came with the iPad? Because if I try to use my iPhone cord on my iPad I will get the same error when plugging into pc

afro

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im having the same problem kinda. i put my ipad in recovery mode because im selling it and wanted to make it like new but when i did my computer woudnt recognize it and i tried it on 2 different computers

Most reactions

Latest posts