What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with my iPad 2

iPadaccount

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I had jailbroken my iPad 2 using redsn0w, but tried updating to iOS 7 and turned it off while it was updating. Now it only shows the recovery mode icon. Every time I try to turn it off, it keeps coming back to the recovery mode icon. I want to recover my files and/or find a fix. I tried installing the 6.0.0 IPSW using redsn0w, but it isn't supported. Is there any way to fix my ipad? The model is the iPad 2 Wi-Fi, and I'm using redn0w 0.9.15 beta 3.

Thanks in advance,

iPadaccount

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to iPadForums. We hope you enjoy your stay with us. Please also take the time to peruse the forum rules here and abide by them as you post throughout the forum.

RedSn0w does not support iOS 6 jailbreaking or manipulation for A5+ devices, and the iPad 2 does not have a bootrom exploit, explained here, that allows you to downgrade or selective restore to any iOS, regardless of whether SHSH blobs and APTickets are available, so your only option is 7.0.4. The only way to get the device working is to restore it in Recovery/DFU mode to 7.0.4. If you'd like to jailbreak your device again, you can do so by downloading Evasi0n7 from the Evasi0n website here. You can follow this guide here to get to 7.0.4.

OP
I

iPadaccount

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, but are there any programs that can recover data?

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately no. There are utilities that supposedly does so. However, the developing companies conveniently leave out that it only works on the iPhone 4 and older, iPod Touch 4th Generation and older, and iPad 1 because it utilizes LimeRa1n. For the iPad 2 and above, 4S and above and iPod Touch 5th Generation, LimeRa1n is not applicable, so they won't work even if the utility claims to do so. It's best to practice weekly, monthly or periodically regular iTunes backups.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Assuming you haven't restored the device yet, the data is still technically there, but you cannot retrieve it if it's in a boot loop. And since the iPad 2 does not have a bootrom exploit, you cannot perform a system dump and retrieve data from the dump. To get the device working again, you'd need to perform a restore, resulting in a complete wipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapa

Most reactions

Latest posts