What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[Help] iPad doesn't restore

BcBruno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I really need help, i screw up my friend's iPad.

He gave it to me, just for Jailbreak it and put some App's and Games.
Well, i spirited, normally, everythings was fine, but when i opened Cydia for the fist time, iPad reboot by self, and when he loaded the OS, all natives App dissapeared (Photos, Safari, Notes, Calendars, Contacts, Youtube...) Least Settings.

I guess, something were wrong, so i decided to DFU and restore it
I download the Firmware 3.2 for iPad from iTunes, and, when it start to Restore, i wait 2hours and the Apple's load Bar doesn't move, from iTunes, and even on iPad.

PS: Sorry for the Low resolution camera (iPhone 3G, rsrsrs)

PS²: I'm Portuguese, on the iTunes, it says: "Restoring iPad's Software"

Please i'm begging for Help, i spend hours and hours on google trying to find an answer, but didn't appers to be a common problem, i think this is only with me.

Attachments

• IMG_0153.jpg
    IMG_0153.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 4,208
  • IMG_0152.jpg
    IMG_0152.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
Reboot the ipad by holding both the power and home buttons. What does it do? does it give the message saying it must be connected to iTunes?

Do you keep getting stuck in a loop where the restore does that and then you reboot and get the same Connect to iTunes but iTunes says it must perform a restore?

If That is the case, Connect the iPad to the computer while its showing the connect to iTunes logo and run the spirit jailbreak. It should Reboot the iPad and and start working like normal.

Also just a tip, If your freind cant jailbreak the ipad on his own I would say he shouldnt be using a jailbroken iPad. Most of the jailbroken apps will break the ipad and stop it from working properly. Dont install things from cydia unless you know for sure its been tested to work on the iPad.

Last edited:
OP
B

BcBruno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reboot the ipad by holding both the power and home buttons. What does it do? does it give the message saying it must be connected to iTunes?

Do you keep getting stuck in a loop where the restore does that and then you reboot and get the same Connect to iTunes but iTunes says it must perform a restore?

If That is the case, Connect the iPad to the computer while its showing the connect to iTunes logo and run the spirit jailbreak. It should Reboot the iPad and and start working like normal.

Also just a tip, If your freind cant jailbreak the ipad on his own I would say he shouldnt be using a jailbroken iPad. Most of the jailbroken apps will break the ipad and stop it from working properly. Dont install things from cydia unless you know for sure its been tested to work on the iPad.

Yeah, i already did this, when i press Only the power button, it show a to Connect to iTunes

No, it stucked in the restore, i already tried 3 times, and always stuck in the same part. And when i connect to iTunes, it does say to Perform a Restore.
It stuck on the progress bar to restore, like the in the images i uploaded.

I did what i did, because i have a iPad too, when i did my Jailbreak, nothing went wrong, i'm a iPhone user too, since a long time, and i know what Cydia App's i can install, and can't

EDITED:_______

Well, i try to do that, but when i start Spirit, i cannot click on the "Jailbreak" button.
PS: i Did that, with the iPad turned on, showing the Cable to Plug onto iTunes

EDITED²:________
I FOUND A SOLUTION!

Something was wrong with my computer. I install iTunes on my Brother's PC and restore my friend's iPad normaly, everything went OK!
Thanks GOD

Last edited:

Evenios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just want to say this thread helped me a bunch! i had installed a Cydia app to allow easy asses to the filesystem via usb and windows and after installing it had the reboot button which what i should have done was done the teathered boot (as i have the 4.2 tethered jailbreak at the moment) but install it let it reboot itself and apparently it caused it to hang. tried to restore but it did nothing but got stuck still on the apple white logo. I really started to panic as i had JUST bought the ipad a few days ago online and had a lot of bad misfoturine over the past few years and figured oh great here we go i just got this great new device which allows me to share pictures and all and i go and cause it to freeze.....i was so upset! but i tried to remain calm and looked up online and found this forum. i have the redsn0w installer but after connecting i thought hmm maybe if this alternate mode to enter DFU (i used a simpler way when connecting with itunes) anyways i followed the on screen instructions and it worked i was able to reboot it into the jailbroken mode and it got it unstuck!

So if anyone has this problem with the stuck apple logo even after "restore" (the restore actually will not work it will appear to be restoring but nothing happens it just goes back to the stuck apple logo mode) try doing a hard DFU mode enter and then use your jailbreak application to reboot it into jailbreak mode. worked for me! awesome! and even better the app extention i was trying to install that cause my ipad to lock up...has now been installed haha :)

Most reactions