What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP. iPad case for the classroom.

Renegade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just picked up a few months back an iPad (16GB). I bought it with the purpose of bringing reading to my classroom. I figured the coolness factor might provoke 2nd grade students to read more. Taking reading to a high tech level was my goal. but two months with the iPad in the classroom has me worried. I have a simple prop up stand I have in the classroom for regular reading books. with 2nd graders, they could be a little more riskier to handle the iPad and break it. I am looking for a sturdy and durable case that can handle the bumps and bruises of students handling the ipad. I know I'm a iPad rookie, but does anyone have any good products they have seen that can handle careless kids banging the ipad around? I am open to any suggestions.

Renegade Teaching.

Teach outside the book.

OP
R

Renegade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad Update

Thanks Pocobear.

I went to Otterbox and Incipio's website; sweet, they have some cool designs, plus i think they can handle the roughness of 2nd graders. I already went out and picked a model. I went to Amazon to type in these two brands and found a heep load more of cases. I found one interesting case that has a rather intelligent way to propping and nestling the ipad in reading format. I liked this brand's acrylic style in black so I order the stand from Mivizu at Amazon, plus I ordered an Otterbox to see which two will be better. Dang, Amazon has a deep assortment of iPad cases. i really digg the Mivizu and Incipio cases. It's like toy's r us of iPad cases.

Thanks Pocobear! I will let everyone know when I get my Ipad cases in.

Read outside the book.

Renegade Teacher.

theAPPman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Otterbox cases are made for construction workers and not teachers. I say you stick with a silicone case. Some companies offer a free screen protector with their accessories so take advantage of that! You're definitely going to need that since all these kids will be touching your iPad after picking their noses. Does Mivizu or Incipio give out free screen protectors? :):):)

Hope that helps!

Thanks Pocobear.

I went to Otterbox and Incipio's website; sweet, they have some cool designs, plus i think they can handle the roughness of 2nd graders. I already went out and picked a model. I went to Amazon to type in these two brands and found a heep load more of cases. I found one interesting case that has a rather intelligent way to propping and nestling the ipad in reading format. I liked this brand's acrylic style in black so I order the stand from Mivizu at Amazon, plus I ordered an Otterbox to see which two will be better. Dang, Amazon has a deep assortment of iPad cases. i really digg the Mivizu and Incipio cases. It's like toy's r us of iPad cases.

Thanks Pocobear! I will let everyone know when I get my Ipad cases in.

Read outside the book.

Renegade Teacher.

OP
R

Renegade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Ipad case is in and the verdict is out.

Well I was impressed with the Incipio iPad case, however I wanted to see what other iPad cases were out there so I headed to Amazon and Overstock. I did find a impressive assortment of other brands like Otterbox, Incase, Mivizu, Belkin, Speck. I even found some real trendy brands like Marc Jacobs, Michael Kors, and Donna Karan and even Issey Miyake. While the assortment is deep and wide, I was still looking for a clean, sophisticated design with an elegant appeal to simplism. After review all the brands, I settled for Mivizu. The have great customer reviews, the product has well design and meaningful layout that serves it’s us and purpose. I found an iPad case that delivered on all my requirements, including delivering a great value against some of the other competing brands. The case was a little too much for me. I do like, but I instead choose something a little more minimalist with clean contours and outlines. The biggest drawback with the Incipio case is price itself. Mivizu has an equally shell with EPI technology for half the price. FREE screen protector.

I received my case TODAY! Sweet!:):ipad-keyboard:

OP
R

Renegade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Purple iPad Case

Here are my pics. I know the color is a little on the happy side.

41ntNBp3OKL._AA300_.jpg

Gee, I love Apple they really know how to inspire some the case accessory folks.

Last edited:

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have tried many cases on many devices but have found nothing close to the protection the OtterBoxes provide. I routinely throw my Blackberry Bold across a room with absolutely nothing happening to it. Now I drop my OtterBox protected iPad with people freaking out and not a scratch. Search for the "OtterBox vs 27 stories" on You Tube and you will see what I mean. Your 2nd graders won't be able to hurt your investment.

OP
R

Renegade

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Verizon iPhone 4 Cases.

I was on Facebook this morning when I saw a new iPhone 4 case that looks rather clean contour and minimalist in design. Getting ready pre-ordered my Verizon iPhone 4. I went over to Mivizu and ordered the new Alien EPIX case.

Check it out. I think most people would like the new design.

Mivizu - Product/Service - Founded: 2002 | Facebook

Mivizu Verizon iPhone4 Alien EPIX Hard Shell Case - Black Cherry | Facebook

Mivizu has it available for Pre-Order.

Here is a copy of their PR.

Mivizu
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

January 31, 2011

Mivizu launches Verizon iPhone 4 case

New York, NY – January, 2011 – Mivizu, known for its innovative and award-winning stylish accessory case designs for Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod cases, is excited to have collaborated with Mexican Super Model Vanessa Rubio to collectively design the next generation of Mivizu Apple iPhone cases specially for the new Apple iPhone designed to run on the Verizon CDMA platform. CEO, Stanley Lam, “we are quite excited to have worked with Mexican super model Vanessa Rubio whom collaborated and provided her signature design ID to our cases and resulted in a fashion inspired, Mivizu Alien EPIX case.

Mexican super model, Vanessa Rubio, “I am very proud to have worked closely with Mivizu’s designers, their philosophy and belief to promote product individuality; to be unique in a world of mass production, Is exactly why I choose to support the Mivizu Alien EPIX signature series. This is why the Mivizu’s collections are produced in limited quantities, so customer’s will enjoy a product that is almost one of a kind. And chances are you’re unlikely to bump into another one like it.†We wanted to define style and fashion and fuse that concept with the need to have a utilitarian iPhone case that retains form, function, and protection while delivering a style that appeals to fashion conscious customers, and Mivizu delivered that.

About Mivizu

Established in 2001, Mivizu is a New York-based design house dedicated to styling technology. We ndustry by providing quality products, superior customer service, innovative designs and on-time delivery. Our direct relationship with our factories allows us to provide the most competitive pricing combined with innovative designs and unparalleled quality. Every piece we manufacture is inspected and must pass demanding "AQL" standards. Our factories enable us to expedite the newest and most in-demand products to our customers. With the effort of our brilliant marketing and designing teams, we constantly launch fashionable “Mivizu†branded cases of premium quality for the latest consumer electronic products, to help our customers stay ahead of the game and ultimately being on top of competition and achieving maximum benefits.

For Online Media Review Samples.

Please Contacts:
Stephanie Gastelum
Product Marketing Manager
[email protected]

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts