What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[help] how to stop ipad restoring.

datmast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all.
Plz help me.
I logged in to FMI app in ipad and erased ipad before backup all data.
After that, the ipad was restored. I have interrupted the restore process by hold power+home (turn off) but everytime it turns on, the restore process is starting.
Plz help me how to stop it and recover my data.
Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's not possible, as you see yourself. Even if you manage to stop the process, this might completely go wrong.

OP
D

datmast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's not possible, as you see yourself. Even if you manage to stop the process, this might completely go wrong.
When it turned on, it still went to the home screen for couple seconds, then restarted and started restoring.
Is there any way to update or restore it without data lost?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When it turned on, it still went to the home screen for couple seconds, then restarted and started restoring.
Is there any way to update or restore it without data lost?
I'm afraid not. The restore process wipes the iPad clean. Unless the data is backed up somewhere else it's already gone, as the restore process cannot be reversed once started.

OP
D

datmast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid not. The restore process wipes the iPad clean. Unless the data is backed up somewhere else it's already gone, as the restore process cannot be reversed once started.
Can i use no-erase app to update the ipad to 8.1.3? Someone told me this method helps the ipad updated without data lost. But i am still looking for another method before trying it

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Can i use no-erase app to update the ipad to 8.1.3? Someone told me this method helps the ipad updated without data lost. But i am still looking for another method before trying it
I'm afraid not. In your first post you said that the iPad had been erased and the restore process had already been started. The regular update process does not result in data loss but once the restore has already started it's too late to go back and do it differently.

I'm afraid that your data has been lost and you'll have to complete the restore to get your iPad working again.

OP
D

datmast

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid not. In your first post you said that the iPad had been erased and the restore process had already been started. The regular update process does not result in data loss but once the restore has already started it's too late to go back and do it differently.

I'm afraid that your data has been lost and you'll have to complete the restore to get your iPad working again.
Thanks
I just erased it in FMI app. When the ipad restarted and started reatoring process, i turned it off. That was why i still goes to the home screen for some minutes before restoring again.
I am sure the data was not deleted because it went to home screen and still showing the app i got before

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks
I just erased it in FMI app. When the ipad restarted and started reatoring process, i turned it off. That was why i still goes to the home screen for some minutes before restoring again.
I am sure the data was not deleted because it went to home screen and still showing the app i got before
The restore process erases everything on the iPad. Once started, it can't be reversed or aborted. Like I said before, there's no way for you to recover any data on your iPad after the restore has started. Delaying the restore by turning off the iPad won't save any data.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
By FMI you mean Find My iPhone (iPad)?

This method of erasing your iPad, even more than other's, is meant to be non-stoppable. It is supposed to be used when your device is stollen, and you want to keep the thief from getting your information. If it were trivial to interrupt and recover the data, then it would also be pointless.

Not that other restore methods are recoverable.

Most reactions