What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Hover on ipad?

cherubim89

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you hover on an ipad. So inconvenient not being able to hover! I'm sure someone has worked it out! Help!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't 'hover' the cursor, in the same way that you can on a PC - it's not supported in the iPad's operating system, iOS. Some remote PC access apps - such as Splashtop - have a workaround when you're trying to control your PC from your iPad, but it's not supported, for example, in Safari.

Tim

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sometimes, not always, if you tap and hold a hover style menu, it will display its options. Then, instead of lifting your finger drag to the menu item you want. At least that is what I remember doing the last time I had to deal with this type of website. Admittedly, it's been a while, so I could be wrong.

You may have to zoom into the menu first to get the level of detail needed.

drbidlake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you hover on an ipad. So inconvenient not being able to hover! I'm sure someone has worked it out! Help!

Recently tapped the right side of the drop down area as the drop down icons/symbol are on the left (at least on facebook). I seem to be successful quicker when doing it this way. Hope that helps. Took WAY too much time though to figure that out..

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I noticed it too. It's a recent improvement to the FaceBook site. FaceBook recognizes that many of it's users are mobile, so they have prioritized making mobile more usable; mostly by creating apps, but with stuff on the main site as well.

Btw, this thread is over two years old. It's a good idea to keep an eye on the age of last post in a thread. It's never a complete waste, since, like you, people can still end up reading these older threads, but it lacks the same feeling of accomplishment as helping the OP (Original Poster). ;)

Also, the OP never came back after the question. Always a bit of a let down.

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for contributing.

Most reactions

Latest posts