What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help! cant sync videos!

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I took several videos on a gopro hero2 camera when I was skiing. Ive managed to transfer them to the ipad surprisingly easily! I used one of the SD card adaptors. Now I want to copy them to my PC but when I connect with the cable, all I get ( ive opened itunes) is a list of music!
One search on google talks about pressing the "store" button on ipad but mine doesnt have this! ( Its about 3 months old)
Is it possible to do this or do I need to buy a card reader for the PC?
Thanks

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Update! after rebooting both devices I managed to get the sync screen up! However after doing the sync ( which seemed to work as it took some time & I clicked include videos) I cant find them on my PC! Anyone point me to where or what they are called please?
Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, dear. I'm afraid that by syncing the iPad with iTunes - you've wiped those movies off the iPad. iTunes only syncs media (movies, songs and pictures) one way - from iTunes to the iPad. It doesn't go the other way.

So, repeat the first process you did (to put them on the iPad from the SD card). Then, and this time, when you connect your iPad to your computer with the USB cord, use Windows Explorer* to go to the iPad's drive (it'll appear in your PC as a separate drive - on mine it shows as a Portable Device under Computer). You'll need to keep clicking on the iPad icon, in Windows Explorer, until you get to where the movies are. Then, once you've drilled down to the movies - you can copy them from the iPad to your computer (just don't move or cut them from the iPad as you may mess up the iPad file system).

But, whatever you do, don't use iTunes to transfer these movies to your computer.

Or, yeah, you can/could get an SD card reader and hook the card directly to your computer... :)

Marilyn

*It's Windows Explorer on a Windows PC. If you have a Mac, I'm not sure of the name of the program that does this function (I don't have a Mac).

OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
its ok, Ive managed to do it! ( they werent deleted from ipad BTW) a setting was needed to be changed on my PC to enable ipad to be shown as a drive on "my computer" - all done now, thanks anyway!

mariosarry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can sync Movies and TV shows through iTunes. Just sync them automatically using the Movies and TV Shows tabs, or drag and drop them onto the iPad by manually managing the iPhone.
You can sync video from iPad to computer.
It worked extremely well.

Last edited:
OP
M

Missmouse3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can sync Movies and TV shows through iTunes. Just sync them automatically using the Movies and TV Shows tabs, or drag and drop them onto the iPad by manually managing the iPhone.

Far too "clunky" using itunes, icloud etc,- much easier to set the PC to recognise ipad as another device & then simply "send to"!
Works for me anyway!

Most reactions