What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting video files off the iPad

Blondie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had plans to use my iPad to stores photos and videos whilst on holidays, using the camera connection kit, so I can clear down the SD cards. I have tried this out for the first time recently and whilst I am able to get the photos downloaded easily to a PC or MAC, I am having trouble with video clips from helmet cams (large files).

I have had a play around with Dropbox, box.net and sugarsync but I don't seem to be able to upload the MOV and MP4 files.

I can't believe there is no easy way to do this. If there isn't, this makes the camera connection kit pretty useless.

Help!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First of all, welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear of the problem you're having loading these video files. Could I just be clear, is the problem with loading the video files onto the iPad or playing them when they're actually there?

I say this because I have a camera that produces mp4 movies and I can load them onto the iPad using the camera connection kit but can't get the iPad's native apps to play them. But I purchased the oPlayer app and that can play most any format video file, so that solved my problem.

If your difficulty is in loading the files and I've misunderstood, please forgive me and get back and we'll try some other suggestions.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK - I read your post again and maybe you mean that you can get the video files onto your iPad but then can't transfer them from the iPad to a PC.

If it's that which is the problem you need GoodReader, the 'Swiss Army Knife' of the iPad. It can transfer any file to and from the iPad over either USB or WiFi and is generally considered the 'must have' app for most iPad users. Have a look at it in the App Store and read the almost-universally good reviews. It's very modestly priced, frequently update with new features that users have requested and the developer is very responsive.

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts