What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help!...Transferring photos from PC to iPad 2...

bobcam1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello, all....
I am trying to transfer photos from my PC to my iPad 2, and am having limited success.

I have the Camera Connection Kit, but when I load photos onto my SD card (yes, they are in a directory named DCIM) they will not transfer to the iPad 2.

I cannot transfer them from my camera directly, or by dragging them to the iPad 2, when it is visible in Windows Explorer.

Photos taken with the camera that are stored on the camera's SD card seem to have no problem. I have also tried to transfer them from a thumbdrive, without success. All of the photos are in .JPG form.

Can anyone help?...I'd be grateful.

Cheers,
Bob.

iFrog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guide: How to Transfer Photos to iPad

Step 1: Connect your iPad with PC using data cable that comes with iPad. Download and install iTunes, Run iTunes and select your device from left panel under "Devices" section.

Step 2: Click on Photos tab, Check the "Sync Photos from" checkbox and select "Choose Folder…" option from drop-down menu. Locate the pictures folder from computer and hit "Select Folder" button.

Step 3: When folder listed in iTunes, select all pictures that you want to copy in iPad and hit Sync/Apply button from bottom right corner.

When transferring photos to iPad done, enjoy your photos on iPad freely!

iFrog - Sent from my iPad2 using iPF

OP
B

bobcam1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked like a charm!...I'm grateful to you for the help, iFrog, thank you....

sabique

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

Guide: How to Transfer Photos to iPad

Step 1: Connect your iPad with PC using data cable that comes with iPad. Download and install iTunes, Run iTunes and select your device from left panel under "Devices" section. -Did the same :)

Step 2: Click on Photos tab, Check the "Sync Photos from" checkbox and select "Choose Folder" option from drop-down menu. Locate the pictures folder from computer and hit "Select Folder" button. -Did the same :) only one folder at a time. When I try to load another folder it's replace the first one.

Step 3: When folder listed in iTunes, select all pictures that you want to copy in iPad and hit Sync/Apply button from bottom right corner.-

My problem is want to store my photos in different folders in my ipad 2, it's not working. I can store whole the photos in a single folder.Please help me to sort out this problem

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My problem is want to store my photos in different folders in my ipad 2, it's not working.
[/QUOTE]
This is my problem as well. Unfortunately, I don't believe the iPad natively supports this ability. If you want to use the pre-loaded "Photos" app, I think you are going to find this difficult to create a folder structure and move files between computer and iPad folders.

However, if you are willing to try different apps, you may be able to create a folder structure for your photo organization. I use "fileapp pro" and have different folders for different kinds of documents. Of course, a "feature" of iPad is that these documents are available to view only in this app. Sharing files between iPad apps is overly difficult, if not impossible, as near as I can tell.

Vlammetje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My problem is yet different. I could select several photo albums for syncing and ultimately suceeded in getting two of those folders to appear in the iPad. One of those however, only contains the 44 last pics and misses the 100 earlier pics. Resyncing, changing folders, lowering the number of pictures in the folder, emptying cache, none of this changed anything. I've got some 50 GB of space left, so that should not be an issue.

What could be wrong here?

Oh yeah, albums work better for my than choosing event folders, the other album did bring all 82 pictures.

I get an errormsaying pictures are refused because the iPad won't be able to display them. When getting the same photosndirectly from my SD card though, iPad will display them just fine.

Am I right in thinking it's the optimalisation process where all goes wrong? In iTunes I mean?

Hownwould I fix this?

Oh yeah, the picture upload on the IPF app does allow pictures to be uploaded from thephotos stored on the iPad. So it is possible. Perhaps it is just a matter of permissions coded into each app?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Vlammetje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
UPDATE. There is news since my last post here.

I've updated my iTunes today.
I then went to delete my iPod photo cache in the iPhoto library. On my way there, I noticed there was yet another folder called iPod Photo Cache setting OUTSIDE my iPhoto Library, in my PIctures folder. Judging by the date stamp, this folder was created when I first connected my iPad to the macbook. The folder was empty. I have deleted it, as well as the photo cache sitting INSIDE the iPhoto library.

I have connected my iPad and it started syncing..... all of my 4234 pictures in my iPhoto library. It's now past 3500 and still running, it very much looks like my problem is solved!

I can't be sure whether it's the iTunes update or the removal of my freak photo cache folder, but either way it seems to have worked. Will update again once syncing is done.

Vlammetje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Alright, it will sync ONLY albums, not events from iPhoto, no matter what I do. So it doesn't work as advertised, however I'm quite happy, because organising my pics in albums allows me to do a preselect and all albums have synced wonderfully well now.

Most reactions