What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello so glad to be here

kidclam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I finally have the iPad thanks to my wife being my 40th birthday.
I am also glad to have found this forum. I hope I can share my trials and tribulations here.

So just want to say HELLO!!!! to all here.

By the way, I made the first error today. I previously bought a nice More cover which is a snug cover the back of the ipad and sides. I went to purchase a iPad dock and realized that the cover doesn't fit. Now I have to do some modding to the cover, which is not a good thing because I am not good with this sort of stuff.

Anyway, will see how I go and see you around the forum. :)

Wolfhawk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and welcome to 'our' pain. I cannot tell you the number of times I have bought something 'neat' and then bought something else 'neat' and they do not play well with each other. Then comes the figuring/modding to make it happen.....

OP
K

kidclam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sigh... I bought the dock thinking it will be more practical to clear some space off my desk as well to show off the "picture frame" function for inspirational photos when I am working. I am a designer so this function is so useful to me personally. To be able to do this together with charging my iPad this seemed the right buy.

I tried not to blame Apples restrictive dock design to have to have a naked iPad to be able to dock and charge, but if Apples own bAtman-like cover is the has the same issue, then I don't know what's going on at 1 Infinite Loop(y) :confused:.

If I also mod my cover it will become more flimsy over time without the supporting base thus rendering my cover's lifespan by half..more money needed to spend again.

On a more positive note, the iPad is astonishing good. As Woz says the iPad is a restart to computer generation and this new user experience is only the start to what Apple has come up with. Looking forward to see iPad's app and hardware development!! :ipad-keyboard:

Most reactions

Latest posts