What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello, Joofville Here (Amateur Animator)

Joofville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

Glad to be here. I'm an iPad fan, I have an iPad 2 and am about to buy my wife an iPad mini for her birthday. She want's a small tablet to get her work email on that fits on her handbag. Any concerns I should know about before purchasing the iPad mini?

Anyway. I'm a web developer by day and an amateur hobbist animator by night. I'm fascinated by space and life out on other planets. So I started making animations about life on other planets, especially Kepler 22b (which was discovered a couple of years ago by the Kepler telescope). I have a YouTube channel running with all of my animations.

Thanks in advance.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
None as far as I can see. I have the iPad 2, and my son has the mini. From what I have seen the mini has no disadvantages.

OP
Joofville

Joofville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Awesome thanks, She's just bought herself the new BMW 3 series with ConnectedDrive which is iPad/iPod/iPhone compatible. Have no idea how it works.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Joofville said:
Awesome thanks, She's just bought herself the new BMW 3 series with ConnectedDrive which is iPad/iPod/iPhone compatible. Have no idea how it works.

That could be a slight problem. The connector in the BMW is going to be the old 30-pin, unless of course it is BlueTooth. If it's wired she will need a 30-pin to Lightning converter.

OP
Joofville

Joofville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That could be a slight problem. The connector in the BMW is going to be the old 30-pin, unless of course it is BlueTooth. If it's wired she will need a 30-pin to Lightning converter.
Sheesh you're right, I'll have to check that out. If so, like you said I'll need to get her a converter.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Enjoyed your animation on the iPad on that planet.

The mini is great, but it does use the new connector and lots of cars with a built in connector have a 30 pin connector. You may want the 30 pin to lightning cable as opposes to the little go between connector. It will depend on whether there is room to plug the mini into the connector in the car. I use a charging cable and Bluetooth to power my mini on trips. You might need to work out a way to mount it some place, though.

OP
Joofville

Joofville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Enjoyed your animation on the iPad on that planet.

The mini is great, but it does use the new connector and lots of cars with a built in connector have a 30 pin connector. You may want the 30 pin to lightning cable as opposes to the little go between connector. It will depend on whether there is room to plug the mini into the connector in the car. I use a charging cable and Bluetooth to power my mini on trips. You might need to work out a way to mount it some place, though.

Thanks! I'll have to do some adapter investigating!

Most reactions