What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello New Member Requiring Help (Please).

Terry Turner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name is Terry,

I live in Oxfordshire UK.

I collected my Ipad2 last Wednesday, I am enjoying what little I have done with it so far, I have encountered a problem you may be able to help me with.

I am using a Canon 50D camera, I shoot in raw, I edit my pictures, save the finished pics as a photoshop file and also a jpeg, as the Ipad will not read from a card reader direct I have been saving my finished jpegs back the camera memory card to try and get them to the ipad that way, via the camera, the problem is, jpegs saved to the camera card outside of the camera are not seen by the 50D, I therefore cannot transfer them to the Ipad. Where am I going wrong, I do have an Imac if that is a good way to go, not a lot of working knowleedge of the imac a newish person to the Mac world in general, any helpful suggestions will be gratefully received. Thank you.

Regards

Terry

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name is Terry,

I live in Oxfordshire UK.

I collected my Ipad2 last Wednesday, I am enjoying what little I have done with it so far, I have encountered a problem you may be able to help me with.

I am using a Canon 50D camera, I shoot in raw, I edit my pictures, save the finished pics as a photoshop file and also a jpeg, as the Ipad will not read from a card reader direct I have been saving my finished jpegs back the camera memory card to try and get them to the ipad that way, via the camera, the problem is, jpegs saved to the camera card outside of the camera are not seen by the 50D, I therefore cannot transfer them to the Ipad. Where am I going wrong, I do have an Imac if that is a good way to go, not a lot of working knowleedge of the imac a newish person to the Mac world in general, any helpful suggestions will be gratefully received. Thank you.

Regards

Terry

Welcome - my grandparents live in Oxfordshire...Kennington

OK - we have had some similar questions here so wait a few hours - it's a world-wide forum - and see if you get any answer. I know a few members who are experts at this, so I'm sure they'll respond soon.....

meanwhile....

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First, you should remove the pictures currently in the Camera Roll (Photos), so you won't be duplicating everything. You can do this by connecting the iPad to your computer and then going into iTunes, and under "Devices" on the left hand side of the screen, click on your iPad name. A window will open up with tabs on the top. Select "Photos", under "Photos", un-check "Sync Photos from..." , and sync, this will delete all of the photos on the iPad

You need to setup a folder, on your PC under "My Pictures", such as "iPad Pictures" and make all of the folders you want, with the pictures you want in them (copy, move or drag and drop, your choice), under that folder. Then go into iTunes, under PHOTOS and select "Sync Photos from" and change "My Pictures" to "Choose Folder" and then choose the folder you created "iPad Pictures" open it and select the folders you want to sync to the iPad. Then sync them.

OP
T

Terry Turner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and reply to my query. I will give that a try when I get a few minutes spare time. I was hoping that everything could be done within the ipad, create folders & add pictures to the folders without involving the computer, it would appear this cannot be done.

Regards

Terry

Pocobear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you were Jailbroken you could us PhotoAlbumn+ to do it on the iDevice. It adds a + sign in the upper right hand corner, tap the + sign and a entry box will appear, name your folder, say OK, and drag and drop your photos to the folder you just created. Done.

OP
T

Terry Turner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought I had found a way to get pics into the ipad without using my camera. I copied the jpegs I required onto an sd card from my computer, this fits direcly into one of the attachments supplied with the Apple camera download kit, the files are on the card, I can see them when I look at the card plugged into my computer, the ipad however does not see them, any adeas why this may be? I have also been looking at the Photo-Sort for iPad app for making folders and adding pics without using a computer, is it a good app? reviews seem mixed.

Regards

Terry

OP
T

Terry Turner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I down loaded Photo Transfer App this evening. it works really well, transfer speed is amazing. It puts any pictures transfered from the computer into a single page, is there an app where I can now create albums/folders and then add the pics I want from the the page into those albums/ folders ?

I have just looked on the aps available, does any one know if photo sort would be able to create albums and let me move pics into them that I have already imported to the ipad?

Any help gratefully received.

Regards

Terry

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts