What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello From South Central Pennsyltuckey!

Ricochetrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just joined the iPad Forum, basically seeking answers (or answer) to some questions I have on iPad image files (stored in "albums") and their compatibility with a specific Internet forum server (where I post often).

I have an old iPad and my software (which my pad just now told me is up to date) is iOS 9.3.5! so we go way back, this pad and I - we have traveled many miles worldwide together.

BTW I also am a long time iPhone user (current model 6s) and a relatively new iMac desktop user) so it's all Apple all the time here. In terms of my personal tech abilities... I know enough to get into trouble! heh. so probably low to middle on the intermediate scale.

Thanks! Hope to "see" you around.

Tom

penguinlady61

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Just joined the iPad Forum, basically seeking answers (or answer) to some questions I have on iPad image files (stored in "albums") and their compatibility with a specific Internet forum server (where I post often).

I have an old iPad and my software (which my pad just now told me is up to date) is iOS 9.3.5! so we go way back, this pad and I - we have traveled many miles worldwide together.

BTW I also am a long time iPhone user (current model 6s) and a relatively new iMac desktop user) so it's all Apple all the time here. In terms of my personal tech abilities... I know enough to get into trouble! heh. so probably low to middle on the intermediate scale.

Thanks! Hope to "see" you around.

Tom
Welcome, Tom.....I have an old IPAD also, but just learning about it.
Thought I'd join here so I don't appear to be TOTALLY dumb!
How do I find out which IOS I have, Tom?

OP
R

Ricochetrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and thanks for the welcome.

Pengiunlady,
I went into Settings> General> Software updates and did a search for updates. It searched for a while and came back saying my iOS, version 9.3.5, is up to date.

It was sort of that whole "blind squirrel eventually finds acorn" thing, really.... ! ha ha. I was just stabbing around in the dark and got lucky methinks.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can find the version and lots of other numbers in Settings > General > About. It’s quicker than trying to do an update. Some of the fields in About have more info if you tap on then. For instance, the Modle field will switch between the ML and A series modle numbers. The five digit number begining with A is more comon and easier to look up online than the number begining with ML.

Most reactions