What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from new member

tonypitt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My iPad is on order, so I'm looking forward to exploring here until it arrives and thereafter.

I'm a techie by profession, but hadn't planned on buying an iPad. Earlier this week I was at SAPPHIRE NOW--the large international trade show for companies that use SAP to run their operations--and iPads were everywhere. After seeing it used as a part of the keynote presentation by Hasso Plattner, that pushed me over the edge to order one.

I ordered the 64 gig version with wifi and 3G. I've also already ordered a case from Vaja.

I've been using an iPhone since last summer when I switched from many years of carrying a Windows-based smartphone. Given that I rarely use it for making calls, but use it almost continuously for email, apps, etc., I think an iPad will suit me just fine.

Looking forward to becoming part of this community.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Welcome, and glad your iPad is on the way..... I'm afraid that my iPhone is only used for calls, now that I have the iPad.... I think you will be s big fan once you have it a while....

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome! The iPad explodes on Europe on Friday and we're all anxious.

I'm also a WinMo -> iPhone convert. Did you say it can make calls? Hm, I'll have to check that out :D

Though I do get annoyed, coming from the WinMo platform by the closedness of the iPhone platform.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts