What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from Los Angeles

poker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello World!

I picked up the iPad 2 last Friday. I was number 24 in a line at Best Buy. I got the 64GB 3G (ATT) in white. I can already tell I'll be buying iPad 3 as soon as it comes out. I don't think my wife wants to share.

I got the the 64GB version to make space for editing movies. I'm researching how I can edit Canon DSLR video with this thing. I hope this forum will have the info I need.

Thanks!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello World!

I picked up the iPad 2 last Friday. I was number 24 in a line at Best Buy. I got the 64GB 3G (ATT) in white. I can already tell I'll be buying iPad 3 as soon as it comes out. I don't think my wife wants to share.

I got the the 64GB version to make space for editing movies. I'm researching how I can edit Canon DSLR video with this thing. I hope this forum will have the info I need.

Thanks!

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Also the iPad2 manual is available at the Apple iBooks store on your iPad. It’s free.

Tim
Scotland

Hdchiky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the site Poker! Hopefully there will be someone here who can help you with your concerns about the Cannon video thingy! You should be able to find out lots of info here. Again welcome..

Chiky

OP
P

poker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the greetings.

The more research I do the more I see editing DSLR video might not be easy. I'm willing to buy a cheap pocket HD cam if I have to. We are going on a trip in April and would like to share the experience on Facebook via iPad if possible.

Cheers!

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another greeting, welcome to the iPad forums and hope you have enjoyed your iPad 2!!!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the greetings.

The more research I do the more I see editing DSLR video might not be easy. I'm willing to buy a cheap pocket HD cam if I have to. We are going on a trip in April and would like to share the experience on Facebook via iPad if possible.

Cheers!

I guess you're not planning to use the iPad2's built-in video facility? Certainly, as you'll almost certainly know, you can use the new iPad iMovie app to edit video from the iPad2's camera. I've seen some posts suggesting, though, that it can't (easily?) be used to edit video footage from other camcorders.

Tim
Scotland

OP
P

poker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess you're not planning to use the iPad2's built-in video facility? Certainly, as you'll almost certainly know, you can use the new iPad iMovie app to edit video from the iPad2's camera. I've seen some posts suggesting, though, that it can't (easily?) be used to edit video footage from other camcorders.

Tim
Scotland

I do plan on using the built in camera but I would like to edit higher quality videos as well. Plus, I can't imagine holding my iPad up in the air to record vacation points of interest. You're correct....I'm having a hard time find a video camera that can produce easy to edit clips in the iPad.

OP
P

poker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If those canon clips are in mov or mp4 format try using the iPad sdhc camera connection kit to import them in iMovie.

I have the CCK and the .mov files from my Canon 7D do transfer via usb....but they don't play :(

I've installed imovie and reel director.

The research continues...

Thanks for the welcomes!

Most reactions

Latest posts