What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I've been lurking on and off but haven't visited in a while. Cool to see that it seems to have gained a lot of users! I have an iPad1/3G 64 Gb jailbroken on 4.3.3. I'm an appaholic!  I'm always trying out apps. On the Cydia side I'm most interested in tweaks that improve or expand functionality like RetinaPad, PhotoAlbums+, ScreenDimmer, Infinidock, etc. I don't do much theming anymore because it seems to kind of slow things down too much. Oh, I have a craptastic pc on xp so I try to use workarounds for backing up anything from contacts to photos etc because I try to only have to plug it in when I decide to update. I think that's probably it for now. And, I love cats. 

-Jenn

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there Jenn and welcome.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html & hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. A link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

The Archangel

OP
glittergirl

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks SweetPoison - just read them & looks cool. And, I should add that I don't believe at all in pirating apps - I have paid legitimately for every copy of anything I've ever installed either from Cydia or the app store. (Or it was a free app or tweak already).

If we want the best quality stuff to keep coming for the iPad, it only makes sense to support developers, IMO, especially because many of the best are created by solo devs or very small companies.

By the way, is there really no way to edit or add info to your profile within the app? Seemed weird that you could choose a photo but not fill out other options, but maybe I missed it? My computer seriously takes 60 seconds or more even to load the google homepage in Chrome, so I avoid having to use it whenever possible, although I could try going to the site on my iPad if that's how you have to add info...

Thanks, looking forward to participating here!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, glittergirl - and welcome to the forum! Good to "see" ya!

I also like cats. In fact, your profile pic looks remarkably like my female Ragdoll cat, Amanda. Her coloring is that of a Siamese and with her long hair = gorgeous! What type of cat is in your pic?

Anyway. Just saying hi...

Marilyn

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks SweetPoison - just read them & looks cool. And, I should add that I don't believe at all in pirating apps - I have paid legitimately for every copy of anything I've ever installed either from Cydia or the app store. (Or it was a free app or tweak already).

If we want the best quality stuff to keep coming for the iPad, it only makes sense to support developers, IMO, especially because many of the best are created by solo devs or very small companies.

By the way, is there really no way to edit or add info to your profile within the app? Seemed weird that you could choose a photo but not fill out other options, but maybe I missed it? My computer seriously takes 60 seconds or more even to load the google homepage in Chrome, so I avoid having to use it whenever possible, although I could try going to the site on my iPad if that's how you have to add info...

Thanks, looking forward to participating here!

I like what you have to say and when you say it. I think you will be an asset to IPF. As far working within IPF App, I don't use it babe. But we have a section dedicated just for our App.

OP
glittergirl

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
Hi, glittergirl - and welcome to the forum! Good to "see" ya!

I also like cats. In fact, your profile pic looks remarkably like my female Ragdoll cat, Amanda. Her coloring is that of a Siamese and with her long hair = gorgeous! What type of cat is in your pic?

Anyway. Just saying hi...

Marilyn

Hi Marilyn,

Nice to "meet" you.  I like you already if you have a Ragdoll! That's a pic of my kitty Orion. I'm not sure if he's a ragdoll or not, but my vet thought so & whenever I've posted pics of him on Instagram or anywhere online I've had other Ragdoll owners ask if he is one. He certainly seems like one. He's huge! And so lovey - whenever I walk by or stand near anything waist-high he jumps up there, goes near the edge and stands up on his back paws, stretching out his front paws asking for a hug! As soon as you pick him up he just throws his front legs around either side of your neck & hugs! It's so adorable. I'm not sure of his heritage because I just adopted him at the end of April. He's probably about 2-3 we think. I saw him online just a day after my beloved 18-year-old kitty had passes away. I was so close to her, I asked her to send me another best friend if she could but I didn't expect it so soon!  She had blue eyes too & it was his eyes that grabbed me and I couldn't stop thinking about him and ended up adopting him that weekend. He's kind of a goofball too which is so fun after having two "senior" cats. (My other cat Twilight is 14).

I would say that cats and iOS apps and news are my two biggest obsessions. Attaching a picture of Orion's hugging style. 

Attachments

• image-3320213613.png
    image-3320213613.png
    190.6 KB · Views: 168
OP
glittergirl

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I like what you have to say and when you say it. I think you will be an asset to IPF. As far working within IPF App, I don't use it babe. But we have a section dedicated just for our App.

Thanks for the welcome and the kind words!

Also, didn't realize their was a section for the app. Will definitely go check it out-thanks!

OP
glittergirl

glittergirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also, since this is an iPad forum.  I haven't figured out if it's because he likes the reflection and the angle or because I'm always on it and it's a dominance thing, but Orion does this all the time! I got rid of my cable to try to offset the rise in gas prices (I have a long commute) so this is my "watching Netflix in bed" setup. And I should point out that the shiny silver thing behind him is a plush, comfy new cat bed. Of course.

Attachments

• image-2664296419.png
    image-2664296419.png
    446.3 KB · Views: 170

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jenn and welcome to the Forum. Its nice to see another cat lover. I had a Himalayan with the same coloring as yours, she was such a beautiful cat. Now I have a British Shorthair and an Oriental. Both gorgeous, but aren't they all. Enjoy!!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, and if you go to that thread, take a look at post #55. That's where I've put a picture of my pretties.

Your Orion is gorgeous.

Back on topic: Again, welcome and I hope you enjoy the forum!

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts