What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello and a question re iTunes

Aravis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just recently bought iPad2; love it! I just have one question at present: I run Windows 7 and the iTunes window is constantly coming up and grabbing the active status. It's really annoying. I can't seem to find out how to stop it doing this. Any ideas, anyone? TIA

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Aravis and welcome to the forum! :)

I'm using the most recent iTunes version on a VISTA laptop so no experience w/ Windows 7 (my next computer probably) - but just to get a start on your problem, let us know if this is happening when you plug in your iPad to a USB port (which is the usual expectation) or whether iTunes is just 'popping up' when the iPad is not connected to your computer? Just trying to obtain some additional information that might help to resolve your issue - good luck!

OP
A

Aravis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just opened the cover on the iPad, and the iTunes Window instantly popped up. The iPad is not connected by USB, but it is by wi-fi, I suppose. This has only been happening since I upgraded the OS to 5.
Thanks for the welcome too!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A number of Members have noticed this too....

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Jjrn1349

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So, why does iTunes keep popping up???? Every time I open my laptop now (using Vista) it pops up, sometimes in the middle of doing something else entirely, and without having either iPhone or iPad plugged in! HELP, AND THANKS....

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
A

Aravis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here: I posted a query on this a couple of days ago. I noticed that if the PC is on, and I open the iPad, iTunes immediately pops up on the PC. If I turn it off, it will come back after a time, and often will start playing a playlist. I'm getting thoroughly ticked off....

OP
A

Aravis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think I've finally discovered the answer: when the iPad is connected to iTunes, click on the (name)'s iPad on the left side, and go to Summary. In Options at the bottom there is a box that is ticked, saying, Start iTunes when iPad is connected. Untick that and it seems that this stops iTunes from appearing. Yippee!

Anthill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On the summary tab when your iPad is connected, uncheck the box beside "Open iTunes when this iPad is connected". It's under options.

Most reactions

Latest posts