What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie here...hello all

jcarpita2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Apple Genuises!

I mainly registered on this for one incredibly frustrating question I can't seem to get an answer to.

I have recently downloaded the keynote app on my iPad to do presentations with in front of clients. I wanted to see if it's possible to remotely control my ipad from my phone. I have an android incredible phone from Verizon & I would love to do the presentation without having to be confined within reach of my iPad.

Is there an app that will allow me to remotely control my iPad using my phone like a mouse?

Thank you
-newb

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Your app request ... Look at Keynote Remote in the App Store

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I kind of doubt he will be able to download that app on his Incredible (an Android phone). If such an app exists (highly improbable) it would be in the Android Market.

If you could pick up a cheap iPod Touch, you could do it with that. A used, one generation old device should be able to run the Keynote Remote app without a problem.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I kind of doubt he will be able to download that app on his Incredible (an Android phone). If such an app exists (highly improbable) it would be in the Android Market.

If you could pick up a cheap iPod Touch, you could do it with that. A used, one generation old device should be able to run the Keynote Remote app without a problem.

It was a senior moment - thanks, poet. My eyes read 'phone', my brain thought 'iPhone'. Sorry OP - ignore my suggestion....:(

Tim

OP
J

jcarpita2001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I actually tried your suggestion before the other posts came up. I downloaded the remote app on my android and actually paired my phone to the iPad via Bluetooth - but once it paired it told me the phone was an unusable source. An iPod touch would do the trick, I just wish android and apple could live in harmony since that's the phone I use. :(

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I actually tried your suggestion before the other posts came up. I downloaded the remote app on my android and actually paired my phone to the iPad via Bluetooth - but once it paired it told me the phone was an unusable source. An iPod touch would do the trick, I just wish android and apple could live in harmony since that's the phone I use. :(

:confused:huh:confused:

Oh wow, there is an Android app; StageFlow Keynote Remote. Color me surprised. However, the description says it won't work with the iPad. It's designed to work with a Mac, either over Wi-Fi or 3G (with firewall configuration). No bluetooth.

Most reactions

Latest posts