What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HEELLPP. need more memory!!!!

Millertime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the iPad world.... I always thought I had enough in my laptop and iPhone but I knew that wouldn't last long......

I've got an original ipad that's jailbroken and running os 3.2.2.... Ive got ifile on it and my biggest question is what the best way for me to expand my memory for traveling... I've got a good 80gig of movies I want to take with me and my only external hard drive isn't portable.

My camera kit is on the way and I have a 16gb Card coming also...

So here's my question...... Ive got an old 5th gen iPod classic 80gb I can transfer the majority of my videos to.... Is there any way possible for my iPad to read the video files on it? Would I need a powered USB port? Any ideas here?

Thank you!!!!

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If u don't mind the money, hypershop has a 320 gb portable hd, made just for iPad. Looks to b the size of a iPhone 4. 200 smackaroos tho.

OP
M

Millertime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ouch ya for now that's a little steep but tempting ... I'd really like o get into if I can get that ipod to work :-/

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the iPad world.... I always thought I had enough in my laptop and iPhone but I knew that wouldn't last long......

I've got an original ipad that's jailbroken and running os 3.2.2.... Ive got ifile on it and my biggest question is what the best way for me to expand my memory for traveling... I've got a good 80gig of movies I want to take with me and my only external hard drive isn't portable.

My camera kit is on the way and I have a 16gb Card coming also...

So here's my question...... Ive got an old 5th gen iPod classic 80gb I can transfer the majority of my videos to.... Is there any way possible for my iPad to read the video files on it? Would I need a powered USB port? Any ideas here?

Thank you!!!!

Yep, that's a great idea. It should work. You are jail broken and have ifiles. Transfer ur movies to the iPod. Then hook up to iPad using USB CCK. Then open up ifiles. It should pop up as a flash drive. Then u can see every single file or vid that's on the iPod. Good thinkn...now I wish I would've kept my iPod, could've used it in the same matter. Let us know how it went as it "should" work ;-)

OP
M

Millertime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only think I'm worried about is the powering USB issue ..... I'll keep everyone posted!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
iVan said:
Fantastic!

Here's a link. HyperDrive

I wonder why those drives are on preorder only? Apple restrictions?

Shoot, $99 for the case that will support any 2.5" SATA drive. I'd get that, as I have some 2.5" SATA drives sitting around. Spendy but cheaper than the other models of HDDs they have. HOWEVER, I kinda like the case that has the SD and CF slots built into it.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iVan said:
Fantastic!

Here's a link. HyperDrive

I wonder why those drives are on preorder only? Apple restrictions?

Shoot, $99 for the case that will support any 2.5" SATA drive. I'd get that, as I have some 2.5" SATA drives sitting around. Spendy but cheaper than the other models of HDDs they have. HOWEVER, I kinda like the case that has the SD and CF slots built into it.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad using iPF
I like the ones with the screen and cards too! They'll be handy to preview pictures. Won't be long before I order one. Hope they have delivery to Canada without complications!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Bob Maxey said:
I ordered one yesterday.

Ooh! Okay...tell us how it works out when you get it. I'll be anxious to read.

OP
M

Millertime

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay everyone I am sooo stoked so I'm not sure what else works I only have a 5th gen iPod and an iPhone 3GS....

iPod works perfectly...... I opened it via my computer on windows and creates a new file (movies) transferred over a m4v movie... Plugged in my iPod to my iPad via USB/ camera connection kit..... It shows the devise isn't supported but we all know about that..... Opened ifile and it already had it opened (recogonizes it as a flash drive) open it click on the movie file and there it is!!!!!!!!!

iPhone didn't work the same :-( ...... I'm excited for this and I'm sure many of you will be too.... Man this is sweet!!

kevbo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow that's a really good idea. I have a spare 80 gig iPod sitting around too.. Its got a broken screen so this would be perfect. Thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts