What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ipad+CCK+ipod

lman31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got an ipod classic with movies synced to it with itunes. I can go into the music folder from my ipad with a CCK via ifile and manually locate them, but of course they don't have the correct name. Instead they have a 4 letter name such as NXOX.mp4. Inconvenient but it works. I can also make a new folder on the ipod and drag and drop the movies there, then find them with ifile. Better method but I have some movies stored this way that I don't want my daughter to watch. Any way to get my ipad to "see" these movies with a CCK and another program?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry mate, I'm really not clear on what you are asking....

You want to have some of your movies stored on the iPod but somewhere that iFile can't see them, so you need another app which will only see these separated movies? Is that right? If so, I'm not sure how that can be done...

OP
L

lman31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have movies on an ipod synced with itunes. I want to use the CCK to watch them with the ipad. I can do this with the ways described in the first post. I am looking for a simpler way for my daughter. Maybe a video app that can link to the movies on the ipod. I have found that in ifile you can add a movie to the camera roll but you have no pause, play, or skip buttons and if you touch the screen the movie stops. Also ifile has some link options but they don't work for this or I have not figured out how to do this yet.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK, I see. There isn't a video app I know of which will provide a simpler interface for your daughter. Sorry.
Perhaps you should sync her movies directly onto your iPad in iTunes and then just keep your own on the iPod? That would keep all her stuff in the video app... Best I can think of unless anyone else knows of anything?

OP
L

lman31

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I only have the 16gb and I got it full with apps. I knew I wouldn't put music on it when I bought it but didn't think about movies or I would have got more storage.

Most reactions

Latest posts