What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBO app is so cool

thedon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I searched. But "HBO" didnt show any hits. So Im posting about the new HBO GO app for Ipad and Iphone. Basically its anything thats on HBO available anytime. So if a movie is playing that month, you can start the movie on your Ipad at any time. On Wifi it buffers at a nice high quality. Over 3G, it plays pretty good on the iphone. But a perfect example of how cool this app is.. Even with a DVR, you might turn to a channel and noticed you already missed the first 10 minutes of a movie or show. With this app, just pause the live version, jump on the app and click the movie and start watching it. Its like you dont have to deal with actually show times, its already available to view. I only spent maybe 10 minutes on the app total before posting cuz its pretty dang sweet.

Preacher

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It kills the me that Time Warner (my cable provider) spun off the company that controls HBO from the parent, and I can't use the HBO app. What a rip!

I am hoping they get it together soon, or add HBO programming to the TWC app.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
The only cable providers currently available are:
AT&T
Charter
Cox
Direct TV
Dish
SuddenLink
Verizon
XFinity

If your cable provider is not listed you will not be able to use this app, yet.

Susbscribers to 4 of the top 5 cable providers (with the most customers) can't even use the app. What are they thinking?
  1. Comcast Corp. 24 million
  2. Time Warner Cable 13.3 million
  3. Charter Communications 5.7 million
  4. Cox Communications 6 million
  5. Cablevision 3.3 million

iggygdi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only cable providers currently available are:
AT&T
Charter
Cox
Direct TV
Dish
SuddenLink
Verizon
XFinity

If your cable provider is not listed you will not be able to use this app, yet.

Susbscribers to 4 of the top 5 cable providers (with the most customers) can't even use the app. What are they thinking?
  1. Comcast Corp. 24 million
  2. Time Warner Cable 13.3 million
  3. Charter Communications 5.7 million
  4. Cox Communications 6 million
  5. Cablevision 3.3 million

xfininity is comcast.... comcast got such a bad stigma to their name they had to change it to trick customers they were getting something better

Most reactions

Latest posts