What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have you known anyone to brick their Ipad?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually break it to where it is toast? All the time I have been here ~ a whopping 3.5 months, I have never read that anyone actually ruined their iPad.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think its pretty hard to brick it, unless you get mad and throw it through a window --then it would be brick-like!

Pretty much you can put it in recovery mode and restore firmware..... but I'm not the expert on this!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have never known anyone "brick" an Apple mobile device by jailbreaking. It doesn't cause irreparable damage to the hardware, but it sure can scramble the software and make the device unusable at which point you will have to restore it and risk losing all the data and apps you "acquired" while it was jailbroken.

I absolutely agree that Apple has not even come close in exploiting the capabilities of the iPad and being the "techie" that I am, I also understand the "Tim Taylor" mentality of wanting more power. Argh! Argh! Argh!

home_improv_tim_240x260_052820041524.jpg

Jailbreaking is so easy any more and I just don't think that a great many people really truly appreciate the ramifications of what they are doing and the risks they are taking. As my grandpappy once told me, "If you fall off that rock and break your leg, don't come running to me!"

Last edited:

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Actually break it to where it is toast? All the time I have been here ~ a whopping 3.5 months, I have never read that anyone actually ruined their iPad.

So now you will know one :)

My iPad 3G decide some weeks ago to stay frozen … i reset it and from that moment he stay stick on recovery mode and won’t be recognize in my Mac … so i use a PC to witch i never upload itunes and but same … i try in DFU mode exactly the same … so finally i call the local Apple Hot line , they ask me to bring in the Apple head quarter (Singapore) , they say is the first time they see one iOS device be bricked … they exchange it immediately … i think i know the reason but i can’t confirm it … as i use this ipad for test some products we have underdevelopment it’s possible he have don’t like one of the new stuff we are preparing , maybe is this or maybe is the test we do with really strong magnet

Lucky me Apple exchange the device without any question

chisaki

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've never had an urge to "brick" my iPad but I've come close to throwing my laptop out a hotel 10th floor window.

The iPad has shortcomings, like no flash, but I knew that before I bought it. All the things I use it for works flawlessly and I'm impressed.

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I unfortunately have.
It went into a boot loop and slowly the apple logo stayed on for shorter time every boot until it didn't boot anymore. :(

Couldn't restore is cause itunes said there was a Hardware Problem.

Sent it into apple jailbroken and not working, got a brand new one. <3

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I unfortunately have.
It went into a boot loop and slowly the apple logo stayed on for shorter time every boot until it didn't boot anymore. :(

Similar as me except he won’t be recognize in iTunes :( , but apple exchange it without one question … so everything is perfect and keep continue to enjoy my device

Timmah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I unfortunately have.

Similar as me except he won’t be recognize in iTunes :( , but apple exchange it without one question … so everything is perfect and keep continue to enjoy my device

They just gave you a new one back on the spot? Lucky. I had to really try hard to get a new one. Haha

Most reactions