What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has The ipad Ever Frooze On Anybody?

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
it did a few times then I just press the square button and its ok,

once I had to restart it..

but overall pretty stable, not like Windows..

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
My wife's did one time, and mine has a few times.... just reboot, like the old Win 95 days..... you are right about one thing though, it's not like Windows.... my Win 7 NEVER locks up...

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but overall pretty stable, not like Windows..
I have never had Vista x64 give me an issue. EVER.

My iPad, however, is another story. Twice it had to be force rebooted because it froze. One time before I jailbroke and one time after.

pallentx

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine has frozen hard on me once and I've had numerous app crashes. I would say it comparable to my last Windows Mobile Phone (which was pretty stable). My Windows 7 Desktop is MUCH more stable.

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Very rare event for me, though I have had apps unexpectedly close.
Expect it's the limited ram.
Never had computer yet that hasn't crashed on me. Most be doing something right....

OP
Ultrimate

Ultrimate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never had computer yet that hasn't crashed on me. Most be doing something right....

Most be doing something right...." uhh,, I dont get it, your saying all your computers have crashed on you, what are you doin right?

Robertt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've had my iPad apps crash and the whole machine has locked up a couple of times. I think all this trash talk about how bad Windows is compared to Apple OSs is a bunch of nonsense. Any computer can crash and compared to all the rest, Windows machines are very stable.

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see this thread becoming a platform war pretty soon so I'll comment before it does.

I didn't have any issues with my iPad until yesterday. Froze up when I tried to get in the iPod app and had GoodReader crash several times when trying to play a video I downloaded. Other than that no issues and a quick restart fixes the problem.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
I see this thread becoming a platform war pretty soon so I'll comment before it does.

I didn't have any issues with my iPad until yesterday. Froze up when I tried to get in the iPod app and had GoodReader crash several times when trying to play a video I downloaded. Other than that no issues and a quick restart fixes the problem.

I am a big Goodreader fan, but I too have problems from time to time in it. I have some PDF's that just instantly crash it to desktop. Odd thing is, iBooks opens them fine......

Most reactions

Latest posts