What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Idea for a More Convenient Multitasking

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ok its not exactly multitasking, but I was thinking of a way to switch apps without the use of double pressing the home putton or multitasking gestures. Its pretty much just like the Windows taskbar. So basically whats gonna happen is that there is an iOS version of the taskbar, and if we are to switch apps we can simply tap the icon of it. Its also like the iOS 6 app switcher, but its already there, you don't have to do anything to access it anymore because its already there.

What do you guys think?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok its not exactly multitasking, but I was thinking of a way to switch apps without the use of double pressing the home putton or multitasking gestures. Its pretty much just like the Windows taskbar. So basically whats gonna happen is that there is an iOS version of the taskbar, and if we are to switch apps we can simply tap the icon of it. Its also like the iOS 6 app switcher, but its already there, you don't have to do anything to access it anymore because its already there.

What do you guys think?
The only way you could do something like that at present would be on a jailbroken iPad. Since most PC's and laptops have larger screens than the iPad, screen space is more of a premium on the iPad and it's doubtful whether Apple would introduce something like a permanently visible multitasking bar or toolbar which would take up space on the screen.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The only way you could do something like that at present would be on a jailbroken iPad. Since most PC's and laptops have larger screens than the iPad, screen space is more of a premium on the iPad and it's doubtful whether Apple would introduce something like a permanently visible multitasking bar or toolbar which would take up space on the screen.

Maybe adding an inch to either one of the side to make space for the taskbar. Do you know any jailbreak tweaks that can do that? I think its more convenient, it makes it easier to switch between apps.

OP
Ser Aphim

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
User gestures, it's already there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bah less convenient, and swiping left and right can be confusing, considering the fact you may not now what app you are swiping to, sometimes its not even there because it was forced closed.

Most reactions

Latest posts