What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anybody found a good movie repository app?

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really not liking that I have to sync my movies to my laptop in itunes. I have limited space on my harddrive and would rather not always have to sync movies between my Macbook Pro and iPad. Most of the movies I'd like to sync are on my wife's Macbook anyway and iTunes/iPad doesn't allow you to sync between two different computers.

So with that said, I'm looking for an app that'll work the way Good Reader does and allow me to move my movies to the iPad without having to sync through iTunes. I know Good Reader will do this, but I hate the Good Reader interface. Has anybody found anything better?

OP
TheBaron

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not really looking for a streaming app. I'm mainly looking for an app that allows me to store and retrieve the movies directly on the iPad without having to sync with iTunes. Good Reader allows this, but has a cumbersome interface.

OP
TheBaron

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, you're talking about the Air Sharing app. Sorry about that. I guess I'm looking for something that has more of a nice interface and is more specifically for movies (with movie art and information). Obviously the iPad video app is perfect for this, but requires syncing with itunes.
Sorry if I'm not being very clear :-\

OP
TheBaron

TheBaron

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can't use Apple TV?

Not exactly.
AppleTV, iPad, iPod Touch, Iphone, etc all work in the same way in that they expect to sync with a main iTunes library on a PC or a Mac. I've gotten around the syncing with the AppleTV by using ATVFlash to essentially jailbreak it and allow me to store movies and shows on an external HD and watch them using the NitoTV app.
Most of my movies are stored on my wife's laptop. I'd love to be able to load those movies from her laptop to my iPad manually without iTunes trying to sync them.

Most reactions

Latest posts