What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anyone dropped their iPad 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
EIGHTYTHREE

EIGHTYTHREE

iPF Noob
Reaction score
rckswim said:
got my ipad 2 four days ago... this morning my boyfriend goes to pick it up while it was plugged in.... slow motion... drop 2 feet onto the wooded floor. i am so upset i can't get over it! of course i yelled. now he's mad at me for yelling when it was obviously an accident.
luckily, as far as i can tell, it still works. there is a small scratch in one corner. the smart cover was on and remained on.
is there anything i should be looking for to make sure everything is ok? i ran most of my apps and tested the volume. i hope it doesnt crash in the near future....

Take it back to Apple Store if at some point its damaged. They were offering one time exchanges for user neglect, YMMV....its worth a shot, worst they can say is no. Make sure you go in and be honest, repectful, yada..yada..yada...you get my drift annnnnnd NO YELLING!!

SJStump

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had similar fall and broken glass, went the route of Apple store "geniuses" 90 miles away and was told sorry charlie, unless I wanted to pay 369.00. I did buy at best buy, do you know something I can do?

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have smart cover and Cover Buddy on back. Dropped mine off the dinner table (30 inches?) a month or so ago. Somehow it landed perfectly flat on the floor. No problems to date.

ipadmaster2000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dropped mine, dented the aluminum case which temporarily depressed the volume keys. :) Nothing that a little screwdriver prying couldn't fix however - but I suspect resale value will suffer.

Asharp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mine dropped slowly and with a soft thud and fortunately with no damage. Since then, I've bought a case that keeps all but the front encased in bamboo.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Asharp said:
Mine dropped slowly and with a soft thud and fortunately with no damage. Since then, I've bought a case that keeps all but the front encased in bamboo.

Dropped slowly? Now THAT I've gotta see: real-life slo-mo.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hate being overly careful as I find it sucks the joy out of using the thing. I do have the smart cover but only so I can stand it on my bedside table when watching videos some of the times, and not for actual screen protection.

ladster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I chucked myn on to a sofa and it bounced right off and landed in some dog poo, still works ok thow;)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And with that, this thread has run it's course (plus, there's another huge thread still running on this topic - look for broken screen).

Thanks to all for sharing their stories, but this thread is closed.

Marilyn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions