What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy73

Happy73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello anybody out there can help me,just got the iPad 2 from my dad
Learning how do use it,was wondering how do I install the update tools like iWork ,photoshop ect,ect.

mikeyotoole87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do you already own these apps you wish to install the "update" for?

If you do then you'll want to do the following:

Open "App Store"

Tap Updates

Either select those apps you wish to update, or hit Update all (top right)

Enter your iTunes password, then wait for the apps to update.

You can also update your apps through iTunes using the update item in the left hand pane, then providing you are synchronising apps though iTunes the apps will update on your iDevice next time you synchronise with iTunes.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using iPF! Tremble in fear at the mighty iPad!!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome.

That is good advice above, it's worth pointing out that if your iPad is still on iOS 4.x.x then some updates will not load unless you upgrade to iOS 5. This is a free upgrade and can be done for free by plugging your iPad into your PC/Mac (having upgraded your iTunes on your computer to the latest version) and following the onscreen instructions.

There is lots of good advice and info on here plus plenty of members all too willing to help with any problems.

Remember, search is your friend.......and please don't forget to read the rules http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

These are the hacking section rules for all you jail breakers (and would be jail breakers) http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/2892-hacking-section-rules-please-read.html

We also have an app for this forum. The link to download the app is: Discussion Forum for iPad Users for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

You can download the manual for your iPad here http://support.apple.com/manuals/ and in iBooks search for "iPad user guide for" and you will find free comprehensive manuals for both iOS 4 and 5.

If you have other Apple products or are interested in other Apple kit then why not join our sister forum too at http://www.appleforums.net/

Finally, if you still haven't had enough, how about a video explaining about our other forums (note:you may want to play this at half speed but hey, why shouldn't Phil be excited about our forums!)

The Archangel

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H

Happy73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello thanks for the replies,have a another question to ask your expect.
How do I copy song,files,pictures,ect,ect from My PC to the IPad .
I tried it several times but doesn't,t let me copy.
Can someone help please.

Thanks

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy73 said:
Hello thanks for the replies,have a another question to ask your expect.
How do I copy song,files,pictures,ect,ect from My PC to the IPad .
I tried it several times but doesn't,t let me copy.
Can someone help please.

Thanks

You need to drag them into iTunes, then, when you sync they will transfer across. For files, like word docs, etc, I use Dropbox, it's free, install it on your computer and the app on your iPad (both are free) then whatever you put into it will appear on the other device/computer.

The Archangel

OP
H

Happy73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
You need to drag them into iTunes, then, when you sync they will transfer across. For files, like word docs, etc, I use Dropbox, it's free, install it on your computer and the app on your iPad (both are free) then whatever you put into it will appear on the other device/computer.

The Archangel

Thanks a lot,will definitely do that.

mikeyotoole87

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy,

I'd recommend giving the iPad 2 manual a read over to familiarise yourself with the device, have a look at the link the mod posted above.

Sent from my iPad using iPF! Tremble in fear at the mighty iPad!!

OP
H

Happy73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Happy73 said:
Thanks a lot,will definitely do that.

Hi can somebody help me with the question pls, I m using MS with my PC, can I get IWork still on my iPad
work just like MS,create doc,ppt,spreesheets,ptf,ect .Thanks

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts